Hubby and I went here as part of a Wyndham vacation program. We spent the entire day on the Island and had a BBQ lunch.
The Island at first approach is very small but the water is crystal clear and just amazing to look at. I was super excited to just get into the water.
There is little shade on the Island so you have to be really quick to grab a cabana or shady spot under the trees.
The water is so warm and clear, loved it. But there are lots of broken coral to pass before you get into the water, which hurts your feet. So I suggest investing in water shoes.
The snorkelling is amazing here as the water is prestine.
The buffet lunch is plenty! So many varieties and you can definitely go back for seconds or thirds. You get BBQ fish, chicken & sausage as well as salads, fried rice etc.
The staff are very friendly and delight you with a show during lunch and songs throughout the day. You also get free, unlimited drinks on the Island, but beware the NZ Ice cream bar is a rip off.
All water sports are free except for Scuba diving which we didn't get a chance to try since we didn't take enough cash.
Be warned that you will leave here sun burnt. Everyone that came to this island with us was sun burnt (apart from the locals). Even my husband who has never been sun burnt and is from Fiji got sun burnt.
Fantastic little island and not too far from Port Denarau (20 mins).
A great day trip for the family - do the full day, it's worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gorgeous little South Sea Island is one of the treasures of the Mamanuca Islands. Crystal clear waters, coral reefs and thousands of colourful of tropical fish surround the island. No one lives on the island; the only overnight guests are the travellers who find this a great spot to stop off on the way to and from the Yasawas. It's only 30 minutes by ferry from Denarau Marina, so nice and easy! A dorm with a large deck and sun loungers sits atop the open-air restaurant, built with a rustic island theme in mind. You can stand on the beach on one side of the island and watch the sunrise. Later that day walk (for all of a minute!) to the other side to watch the sunset! Pure bliss! It may be small in size, but there is plenty to keep you entertained. During the day, day-trippers visit South Sea Island from Denarau who bring activity and entertainment with them. South Sea Island FijiThere is a salt water swimming pool and non-motorised water sports equipment available free of charge. Take in the underwater world aboard the semi-submersible or get a taste of Fijian culture with a traditional Meke performance and craft market Monday to Saturday. South Sea is a great place to learn to dive. Expert instructors and clear, shallow water ensures your first dives will be memorable. The marine life and coral you'll see will amaze you and if you're up for it, you can take a dive on out to a wreck. Come the evening there is no more tranquil place to be - cold drink in hand, the lapping of the waves the only sound to be heard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your South Sea Island Accommodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Sea Island Hotel Mamanuca Islands
- South Sea Island Accommodation Fiji/Mamanuca Islands