“South Sea P.A.R.A.D.I.S.E”

South Sea Island Accommodation
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Hubby and I went here as part of a Wyndham vacation program. We spent the entire day on the Island and had a BBQ lunch.

The Island at first approach is very small but the water is crystal clear and just amazing to look at. I was super excited to just get into the water.
There is little shade on the Island so you have to be really quick to grab a cabana or shady spot under the trees.

The water is so warm and clear, loved it. But there are lots of broken coral to pass before you get into the water, which hurts your feet. So I suggest investing in water shoes.
The snorkelling is amazing here as the water is prestine.
The buffet lunch is plenty! So many varieties and you can definitely go back for seconds or thirds. You get BBQ fish, chicken & sausage as well as salads, fried rice etc.
The staff are very friendly and delight you with a show during lunch and songs throughout the day. You also get free, unlimited drinks on the Island, but beware the NZ Ice cream bar is a rip off.
All water sports are free except for Scuba diving which we didn't get a chance to try since we didn't take enough cash.

Be warned that you will leave here sun burnt. Everyone that came to this island with us was sun burnt (apart from the locals). Even my husband who has never been sun burnt and is from Fiji got sun burnt.

Fantastic little island and not too far from Port Denarau (20 mins).
A great day trip for the family - do the full day, it's worth it.

Room Tip: We didn't stay overnight, but I hear it's backpackers
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nuzakat

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I have been to this Island many times and have watched it develop into a very well organised and fantastic day out for all the family. We recently took our son, his wife and two children aged 3 & 6, all had a great time. My son and husband took advantage of the introduction to scuba and loved every minute. The two grandsons were entertained by a lovely young lady in the kid's club. The food was excellent with fresh salads, rice and BBQ of fish, chicken and sausages, plenty to go round and to go back for seconds. I would highly recommend this very friendly little Island as a must see and enjoy.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheryl G
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were recently on a Princess cruise which had a stop in Port Denarau, I opted for the South Sea Island tour..it was... t.h.e. b.e.s.t ...tour of all of our cruise stops. We were welcomed with a song and a dance by the local Fijian people, same when we were leaving.

Its a small island that you can walk from one side to the other in probably 1 minute and around the island in less than 5 minutes.

Kayaking, snorkelling, scuba diving was included as was a ride on the semi-submersible boat. Also included was a bbq lunch and drinks (beer and soft drink). Plenty of lounge chairs, hammocks in the shade. Small swimming pool on the island. Local crafts were also for sale by the local Fijian women. They accept Fiji or Australian money.

The beach has a LOT of broken coral and water shoes were good to have on hand. The ocean was crystal clear, warm and stunning! We all left there very sunburned! We would not hesitate to recommend a tour to this island and would absolutely do this again! Words just can't describe it enough...its beautiful!

Bula!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We booked a day trip to visit this island through our resort, departing from Denarau Port. The tour included pick up from our resort and it takes approx 30 minutes from the Port to the island by boat. I chose this island for our day trip as it was the closest one to the port, I didn't want to spend 2+ hours during the day just on a boat travelling to and from the other islands.

The island is small but absolutely gorgeous. Plenty of deck chairs and shade around the whole island to set up for the day. I did snorkelling for the first time in my life here and have now found my new favourite thing to do! I loved it so much that I did a morning tour out in the ocean, afternoon tour in the ocean and then snorkeled around the whole island in my free time. Probably wouldn't be as enjoyable for experienced people who enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving but I loved it.

Also did kayaking around the whole island but we did that in less than 10 minutes.

Small salt water pool on the island.

The tour included a BBQ lunch which was delicious, along with unlimited drinks.

The staff are all very friendly and welcoming.

Would definitely recommend as a fun day trip away from the main island!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MynaNZ
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed on this amazing island for 2 nights as part of the awesome adventures "tropical awegasm" package. This was one of my favourite islands. You can walk around the entire island in 3 min ! So small and has a real personal paradise feel to it. During the day it's full with about 150 day visitors from the mainland. Once they leave is when you have the whole island to yourself, all non motorised water sports are free and the staff at the dive shop were so friendly. I had never snorkeled before and they were so patient and took me out to show me.

There is only 1 building on the island. The bar is downstairs and you eat dinner together outside. The food was really good with generous sized portions. The dorms are basic but clean I had a small dorm to myself on the first night. The resort was very clean and the staff encourage you to make friends at night with entertainment.

I really didn't want to leave this tiny beauty of an island by the end.

Room Tip: All rooms have a fan and you are in one large dorm. Mainly for backpackers, wouldn't recommend t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is a great choice for a day trip. we only did the half day, as our original itinerary was rained out and we didn't want 2 full day trips in a row. But the 12.15-6pm option was perfect, nice lunch on arrival, found our spot under a shelter with mat, deck chairs and bean bags, then snorkelled, swam, canoed, sailed and used the submarine viewer. Lovely staff and beautiful singing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great for a day trip or a few nights in paradise. Being the smallest inhabited island in Fiji (apparently) it certainly has a lot more to offer than you expect. Very friendly staff, excellent facilities, great activities.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Bamboo Hostel
#1 of 29 in Nadi
Castaway Island Fiji
Castaway Island Fiji
#1 of 1 in Castaway Island (Qalito)

Been to South Sea Island Accommodation? Share your experiences!