We were recently on a Princess cruise which had a stop in Port Denarau, I opted for the South Sea Island tour..it was... t.h.e. b.e.s.t ...tour of all of our cruise stops. We were welcomed with a song and a dance by the local Fijian people, same when we were leaving.
Its a small island that you can walk from one side to the other in probably 1 minute and around the island in less than 5 minutes.
Kayaking, snorkelling, scuba diving was included as was a ride on the semi-submersible boat. Also included was a bbq lunch and drinks (beer and soft drink). Plenty of lounge chairs, hammocks in the shade. Small swimming pool on the island. Local crafts were also for sale by the local Fijian women. They accept Fiji or Australian money.
The beach has a LOT of broken coral and water shoes were good to have on hand. The ocean was crystal clear, warm and stunning! We all left there very sunburned! We would not hesitate to recommend a tour to this island and would absolutely do this again! Words just can't describe it enough...its beautiful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gorgeous little South Sea Island is one of the treasures of the Mamanuca Islands. Crystal clear waters, coral reefs and thousands of colourful of tropical fish surround the island. No one lives on the island; the only overnight guests are the travellers who find this a great spot to stop off on the way to and from the Yasawas. It's only 30 minutes by ferry from Denarau Marina, so nice and easy! A dorm with a large deck and sun loungers sits atop the open-air restaurant, built with a rustic island theme in mind. You can stand on the beach on one side of the island and watch the sunrise. Later that day walk (for all of a minute!) to the other side to watch the sunset! Pure bliss! It may be small in size, but there is plenty to keep you entertained. During the day, day-trippers visit South Sea Island from Denarau who bring activity and entertainment with them. South Sea Island FijiThere is a salt water swimming pool and non-motorised water sports equipment available free of charge. Take in the underwater world aboard the semi-submersible or get a taste of Fijian culture with a traditional Meke performance and craft market Monday to Saturday. South Sea is a great place to learn to dive. Expert instructors and clear, shallow water ensures your first dives will be memorable. The marine life and coral you'll see will amaze you and if you're up for it, you can take a dive on out to a wreck. Come the evening there is no more tranquil place to be - cold drink in hand, the lapping of the waves the only sound to be heard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your South Sea Island Accommodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Sea Island Hotel Mamanuca Islands
- South Sea Island Accommodation Fiji/Mamanuca Islands