South Sea island was my first stop of a two week trip traveling round the mamuca and yasawa islands. It is tiny but that was part of the charm, you do feel as though you are on your very own private island - you can walk round the entire island in under 20 minutes at a gentle stroll! The staff were very friendly and we had a fire lit dinner on the beach which was amazing. It was the only island I stayed on where the snorkeling kit was free which I wish I had known before going on as I'd have used them a lot more! We were treated to the sight of small black tip reef sharks playing in the shallows while we ate breakfast which was amazing! All in all, Fiji is definitely a little bit of paradise! The sleeping and washing facilities are very basic but you take it at face value and it's worth it for the surroundings. Looking forward to going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gorgeous little South Sea Island is one of the treasures of the Mamanuca Islands. Crystal clear waters, coral reefs and thousands of colourful of tropical fish surround the island. No one lives on the island; the only overnight guests are the travellers who find this a great spot to stop off on the way to and from the Yasawas. It's only 30 minutes by ferry from Denarau Marina, so nice and easy! A dorm with a large deck and sun loungers sits atop the open-air restaurant, built with a rustic island theme in mind. You can stand on the beach on one side of the island and watch the sunrise. Later that day walk (for all of a minute!) to the other side to watch the sunset! Pure bliss! It may be small in size, but there is plenty to keep you entertained. During the day, day-trippers visit South Sea Island from Denarau who bring activity and entertainment with them. South Sea Island FijiThere is a salt water swimming pool and non-motorised water sports equipment available free of charge. Take in the underwater world aboard the semi-submersible or get a taste of Fijian culture with a traditional Meke performance and craft market Monday to Saturday. South Sea is a great place to learn to dive. Expert instructors and clear, shallow water ensures your first dives will be memorable. The marine life and coral you'll see will amaze you and if you're up for it, you can take a dive on out to a wreck. Come the evening there is no more tranquil place to be - cold drink in hand, the lapping of the waves the only sound to be heard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your South Sea Island Accommodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Sea Island Hotel Mamanuca Islands
- South Sea Island Accommodation Fiji/Mamanuca Islands