We arrived in Raro at 3am and could not book into our accommodation until lunch time without paying an early entry fee which did not make sense - so we booked at the Aquarius to crash for a few hours. Perfect solution. Even though it is just across the road and up a bit from the airport they even pick you up - which is great at that time of the morning. The rooms are very clean and the beds comfortable - just what we were looking for and an excellent place to stay for an overnight or few hours. The shower was fantastic after such a long flight. The host was very welcoming and the staff friendly. There is evn a pool if you want a quick dip. For $150 NZ I thought it was great value and would recommend it for those who want to avoid early check in costs or those going onto Aitutaki.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Islander Airport Hotel is a great value for money 3 star beachfront hotel directly across the road from Rarotonga International Airport on the waterfront featuring 13 Cabanas, Coco Grill Restaurant, Tiki Bar, pool, outdoor dining, sandy beach, daily sunsets, low-cost wifi, Sky Sports on Big Screen, Live bands and unpretentious island style service from a team of dedicated Islanders. Our HULA bar on the beach offers all day happy hour from 11am to 11pm Mon to Sun with NZD3.50 beers, spirits, wines and soft drinks. Bring your own music with our 'U-DJ' product. Great for friends and family who wish to soak in Rarotonga's warm sunshine with cold cold drinks! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Islander Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquarius Rarotonga Avarua
- The Islander Hotel Rarotonga, Cook Islands