There is hardly a better place if you come back from the outer islands and want to spend another one or two nights on Rarotonga. It's a two minutes' walk from the entrance to the airport! The view from the large windows looks like a picture of a beach on the wall. No swimming or snorkling in the sea, but there is a pool. Avarua is close. Car/scooter hire 3 minutes. Nice, clean rooms. Some details need repairing: reading lights don't work for example. The rest is ok. There is a restaurant with some simple dishes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Islander Airport Hotel is a great value for money 3 star beachfront hotel directly across the road from Rarotonga International Airport on the waterfront featuring 13 Cabanas, Coco Grill Restaurant, Tiki Bar, pool, outdoor dining, sandy beach, daily sunsets, low-cost wifi, Sky Sports on Big Screen, Live bands and unpretentious island style service from a team of dedicated Islanders. Our HULA bar on the beach offers all day happy hour from 11am to 11pm Mon to Sun with NZD3.50 beers, spirits, wines and soft drinks. Bring your own music with our 'U-DJ' product. Great for friends and family who wish to soak in Rarotonga's warm sunshine with cold cold drinks! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Islander Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquarius Rarotonga Avarua
- The Islander Hotel Rarotonga, Cook Islands