I walked into my room and I know it was a budget hotel, I really had a problem. I am not complaining for me, but I am letting you know so that you dont send anyone else there!!! I dont think the bathroom/toilet floor had ever been washed, had to put a towel down on the floor, there was a massive fungis growing on the corner of the shower on the roof. The shower constantly dripped. The tap on the vanity was not fixed to the vanity and there was no plug. The pictures in the lounge were all growing something, the carpet needed a really good clean. The suitcase holder was so rusted. Only one of the four lights above the beds were working, they were very rusted. There were lamps missing. No air con but there was a fan,which you had to turn off at night, because it squeaked at every turn!! My room was only serviced once and that was the day I was leaving. The night before I left the whole curtain and rods fell completely off the wall and I had no curtains at all! Now I did go see them and they were very polite, but nothing was done. They said there was no-one there to fix things. They knew the curtains fall off in rooms three (my room) and five. I laughed so hard and then sat down and had a cry. Only three nights to endure. I must say the food there was fantastic and the linen and the bed was clean and comfortable. I know I paid for budget, but I did expect clean and I have attached some pictures so you can see I am not exaggerating
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Islander Airport Hotel is a great value for money 3 star beachfront hotel directly across the road from Rarotonga International Airport on the waterfront featuring 13 Cabanas, Coco Grill Restaurant, Tiki Bar, pool, outdoor dining, sandy beach, daily sunsets, low-cost wifi, Sky Sports on Big Screen, Live bands and unpretentious island style service from a team of dedicated Islanders. Our HULA bar on the beach offers all day happy hour from 11am to 11pm Mon to Sun with NZD3.50 beers, spirits, wines and soft drinks. Bring your own music with our 'U-DJ' product. Great for friends and family who wish to soak in Rarotonga's warm sunshine with cold cold drinks! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The Islander Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquarius Rarotonga Avarua
- The Islander Hotel Rarotonga, Cook Islands