“Bergman's is a must on every return visit for me!”
Review of Bergman & Sons

and up
Cetina River Canyoning Tour from Split
Ranked #3 of 11 Shopping in Avarua
More attraction details
Owner description: You'll find in this store the largest collection of natural and cultured pearls on the Cook Islands, in the form of rings, earrings, strands and loose pearls.
Calgary
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Bergman's is a must on every return visit for me!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Bergman's is the store on the island to buy both affordable and upscale fashionable pieces. Don't get me wrong after 7 plus visits to Raro... I still check out all the stores and markets on the island, I need to feel comfortable that I have seen all before purchasing. Strangely Bergman's is the only place I seem to find those special pieces. This time they sold me another piece. I wasn't in the market to purchase a piece for myself but when I saw it I went wow! I purchased the piece. Interesting that word went around the island and I heard back from a couple of people they had heard I had purchased something special. Just to be clear it wasn't from anyone at Bergman's that had said anything - they are completely professional and discreet - it was from people who had seen me wearing it to dinner or around town and knew their pearls. This is the third major piece I have bought from Bergman's.
As with most trips to Raro. we were accompanied by friends. This couple it was their first time on the island and they purchased several very nice affordable pieces at Bergman's. I know they will be happy with these pieces for several years.
I have noticed Bergam's are stocking more very nice wearable pieces for men. The women's selection has always been great but the men's will surprise you. Had I not bought my major piece there were some other pieces I would have considered.
Watch for the new selection coming out...! They are doing some animals with pearls / sapphires.... Really stunning wow pieces! I can't wait to see them next year.
My suggestion is if you see a piece you love... buy it...buy the best you can afford. I have never regretted any piece I have bought! They are timeless and I can't put a price on the enjoyment I get wearing them, how they make you feel and the memories they bring back. I have given many black pearl pieces as gifts, knowing the people receiving them will enjoy them as much as I. Black pearls unlike other gems are something you can wear with casual clothes or formal wear and they work equally well. In my opinion Rarotonga black pearls are the best in the world and I have done my research. Other pearls are marketed better and they look nice but they are not the same quality! I don't just lay down my hard earned cash without doing my research and without knowing who I'm dealing with.
Ben, Luke and the staff are great to deal with and there is no pressure to buy. I have no problems recommending them to friends and family and have taken other guest from the resort there. Enjoy your holiday and to make it that much more memorable take a special piece of black pearl jewelry home - you won't regret it!
tim

Visited November 2013
2 Thank holidayfuncalgary

Auckland
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Ouch! But 21st Birhtday girl very happy with her pearls”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went to TOWN, looking for pearls. Walked past Bergmans more than once.
Finally, got dragged in by wife and said daughter.
10 minutes later we emerged, considerably lighter but with all parties satisfied and happy with their transactions.
Staff were very good to deal with and knew their pearls.
We ended up back there after almost 2 days of checking out the many other shops in the business and I'd have to say we came away very happy and confident that we had bought good quality and had received the very best service and advice.
Go here ladies, guys, go to Trader Jacks and await your fate.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Mark C
Winnipeg, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Exotic Black Pearls”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Just to browse through this shop is an experience in itself. Very knowledgeable staff on the manufacturing of the jewellery.

Visited April 2013
Gold Coast
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Boys, hold on to your credit cards!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Ladies, this place is amazing. Wonderful variety of quality, tasteful jewelry using Cook Island Black pearls. A must for lovers of fine jewelry – and established by an Aussie!

Visited April 2013
Hamilton, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome service by people who know their stuff”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Visited the Bergman and Sons shop in Avarua as we were looking for a black pearl ring. We were served by Winne who was very patient and knoweldgable about the products. We went away to explore other jewellery shops but ventured back to Bergman and Sons to again look at the jewellery. There was really no comparison to the quality of the ring but it was the service that secured the sale for us in the end. We ended up buying a Black Pearl ring that was just beautiful.
They sized it straightaway and even cleaned my wedding rings for me. I was concerned about the fitting of the ring the following day but was reassured by Winnie and co that i should leave it until I return home and the swelling in my fingers settle down. Great advice.

Thank you so much Winnie and co for making the choice very easy.

Visited February 2013