“excellent value for money”

Kiikii Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Avarua
Reviewed August 24, 2012

we booked this motel the night before we were leaving to Rarotonga and they were so accommodating. The room was spacious and it was great value for money. We really loved staying here and recommend it for anyone on a budget!!

Room Tip: any room is good
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Serahna S

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Among a group of 9 amateur radio operators (plus 3 others) who based ourselves at KiiKii in October 2011 for a ham radio contest, we were welcomed like family, accomodated unhesitatingly (even with all our antenna contraptions which were set up on the beach) and, as a result, thoroughly enjoyed our time on Rarotonga. Shopping locally for breakfasts & snack foods was easy/convenient and everything neccesary to prepare our home-cooked meals was readily available in the rooms (and when we needed a huge pot for our spaghetti dinner, Pauline came up with one in a heartbeat). For our nearly two week stay, we rented a water dispenser (right near the airport) and felt that was a fabulous alternative to buying cases of small bottled waters (and thereby eliminated generating too much trash). Suggestions were readily made as to where our group should take in local flavor for dinners (Rarotongan for our Maori dinner show, Fishing Club, Club Raro, Tumunu, Whatever Bar, Cooks Corner, etc). The ambience (overall attitude, beautiful tropical garden landscape) at Kii Kii was perfect...no frills but absolutely suited our needs...comfortable, clean & family friendly. Can't wait to return and see more of the local sights (missed the Saturday market and Sunday Church service because we were busy praying to the propogation gods for our radio contest) and explore more of the inner road by motorscooter (the mandatory Cook Islands driver's license is good for a year so I may as well use it, right?!). Many thanks to Victor, E51CG (one of only 3 hams on Raro), we had the use of a local's van & two of his scooters to get our group around the island. One thing of note: no alcohol is sold on Sundays (except at bars/clubs) so plan in advance if your Saturday stash won't get you thru the entire weekend. A great time was had by all. Our group even made it into the South Cooks newspaper! http://www.cinews.co.ck/2011/November/Wed02/other.htm#1110310706

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank ElenaLaLoca
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Kia Orana, On behalf of the 21 members of the North Shore Enua Ola Group (from Auckland, NZ) that was accommodated by Kiikii Motel from 22.7.11 up until 28.7.11. We want to show our gradtitude to Pauline for looking at our circumstances carefully to accept our bookings which was done 2 weeks prior to flying over to Rarotonga. We journey to Rarotonga to fulfil our 32km Round the island walk. Our trip was certainly complete with the budget accommodation we got given for our members and was real impressed with the service that was given by Naora who was always at our beck and call. Sure we had a few gledges at times but it was nothing major as Pauline and the staff manage to speed the process of smoothing things out for us. Overall during our stay there everyone came away satisfied and happy and would definately book again with Kiikii Motel if we had to go for another trip to Rarotonga. My children Peteli & Christiana loved having friends Bau and Kimberley who are Naora kids to play with everyday.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Ausage
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I arrived for a night while I got my bearings on the island, and stayed for three weeks.
Owners Pauline and Harry are helpful, the staff are great at keeping pool, grounds and rooms clean and tidy - some others have said they may be showing their age but dirty they ain't - and the atmosphere is conducive to friendliness.
The motel is not ideally located if you want nothing but classic Rarotongan sea-sun-sand-snorkelling. Otherwise, it is on the outskirts of Avarua, so is convenient for town and culture, or as a touring base. I would certainly go back if I come by Rarotonga again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank CoteheleKid
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Stayed for 10 days. Well kept surroundings. Rooms are spacious but needs a bit of handyman work. Lovely pool area outside the apartments which my granddaughter loved. Just needs a bit of a clean regularly as a lot of people were swimming in it.
Had a lovely time at the Kiikii and not complaining for what I paid for the rooms. It was really cheap and the staff were nice. I would stay there again if I went back.

Stella

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank stellaHastings
Reviewed September 26, 2009

I spent the last night of a holiday at the Kiikii hotel with my son before flying out the following day. In booking in, having phoned from my flash hotel at Muri beach, I heard the lovely and friendly voice of the darling at the other end pleasant and so welcoming. I was not disappointed on my arrival there and I applaud the staff there who have done their very best to keep the place looking clean and tidy..it is an older place of course but it caters well to those who also like the budget side of the Cook Island accommodation. The location is lovely and close to the seashore. I wished I had known to book there in the first place like my son had. He too liked it there by the way and would book there again. This is a great place to stay if you are on a holiday budget. Will definetly stay there again. Thank you KIIKII staff. Well done.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank delor01
Reviewed January 24, 2008

I went to visit Rarotonga when I worked for Aloha Airlines in Honolulu (service to the Cook Islands ended in 2005) so my stay occurred in October 2004. I landed at the airport and basically "winged it" so I had no reservations nothing. I was referred to Kii Kii by a taxi driver ($20NZD from the airport) and had arrived just before midnight. The place wasn't that bad at all and the front desk agent was very friendly and helpful. The room was "cute" but in need of some repairs. But that didn't really bother me because I was out and about my 7am the next morning. It's definitely NOT a room to just kick back and relax for sure--just to shower and get a good night's rest!

• Stayed: October 2004, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank Chad B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avarua
Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel
Club Raro
Club Raro
#3 of 5 in Avarua
The Edgewater Resort & Spa

Been to Kiikii Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!