We are a couple in our late 50's and stayed there 3 nights. The owners left us a note saying that we making too much noise. This was surprising considering we were in bed before 10PM. If you stay there you need to tip toe around at night and be very careful to close your door very very gently, or better yet use only the bathrooms only during the day.
However, our room was right on the road with considerable noise of motorcycles and cars at all hours of day and night. Also the room had poor ventilation, and a bright road light right outside our window. A light and noisy hot room = poor sleep. There was no screen on our sliding glass door. Only 3 shared bathrooms that were all looking very run down. Ceiling fan is on a timer and will shut off after about a hour, apparently electricity is very expensive in Rarotonga. Ants in room, but this was a minor issue.
On the positive side the location in Muri is good, Kelly the manager is pleasant.
The price is low and the location in Muri is good, so I am sure for some this would work , but for us the noise hassles and a complaint letter from management made it a poor choice for us.
Note on Cook Islands - prices are very high, food at stores are four times what we pay at home, for vegetables for than 10 times what we pay at home., Hotels price are sky high, Fiji a much better value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the beautiful Muri Lagoon in Rarotonga, Aremango Guesthouse welcomes travelers, explorers and sun searches from all over the world, offering affordable comfort, warm friendly service and peaceful relaxation on our little island of paradise. The guesthouse surrounded with coconut palms, banana and mango trees, is seconds to the beach down a garden path and is in an ideal location for sun, sand and sea lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Aremango Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aremango Guesthouse Hotel Avarua
- Aremango Guesthouse Rarotonga, Cook Islands