“Awesome food and great service”
Review of Cafe Ariki

Cafe Ariki
Ranked #12 of 30 Restaurants in Avarua
Cuisines: Barbecue, Grill, New Zealand
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Awesome food and great service”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

We ordered sashimi and the tuna with pawpaw salsa both were a good 9/10 the staff were lovely definitely a must do in raro

• Visited May 2011

Arorangi
“Very very nice....”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Very, very, nice was my wife's description. Have to agree. We were greated on arrival and shown some seating options as they were not busy on this particuler night. The waiter (and I wish I had asked for his name) was pretty cool. He had a quick clear answer to every question and when asked what his recommendation was it sounded just what I was looking for - so I ordered it.
Keeping this short - 4 meals ordered - two chicken / one pork ribs / and one steak meal. Three thumbs up and one not so sure - but overall we were well pleased with the service / meals / atmosphere and value. We will be back.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank RarotongaBigBoy
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Sanctuary”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

This place was amazing.
My other half's Cook Island and she's never been to her homeland. So I decided to take her there for her birthday.
Finding this place can be quite tricky with no help or direction but the locals are very friendly and keen on helping.
As soon as we walked in, not only can you see this sense of comfort but you can feel how the restaurant sets this positive, island feel, mysterious, romantic atmosphere straight away.
The service was excellent, you just have to be patient if it's busy but luckily for us we were the first one's there. I could go on forever about the food, cooked to your satisfaction, generous portions, great value for money. Long story short, you won't find a place like this in New Zealand.
I want to come back and visit, and no doubt this will be on the top of my list.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank tongan_stallion
Slovenia
“Highlight of out trip :)”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We found the restaurant through trip advisor and the choice was right. Great food, huge portions and really low price. The guy who served us was very pleasant and took really good care of us. RECOMMEND it to everyone!!!

• Visited January 2011
Bay of Plenty Region, New Zealand
“Massive cheap feeds”
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Awesome little place on the back road. Great meals which are huge and cheap. Wicked desert menu and cheap drinks. Steak with Mushroom sauce and Lamb Shanks rule!