“The Best Four Points Sheraton!!”

Four Points By Sheraton Montevideo
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Montevideo
Reviewed June 7, 2007

We stayed for 2 nights at the Sheraton Four Points in Montevideo and loved it! My husband is a Starwood member so early check in was not a problem. The location is within walking distance of most sights, but the hotel can arrange a city tour which we took and enjoyed very much.

Our room was very large with a separate full bath area and shower area. We didn't use the gym or pool during our stay.
Our room was nicely decorated, comfortable and very clean!

The staff at this hotel is incredible. They were very professional, extremely friendly and suggested a restaurant that we totally enjoyed. Try the restaurant "Francis." One of the best meals we had in South America! Large portions, good quailty food. It's located in a residential neighborhood with lots of charm!

Another plus from the staff was that we had about a week's worth of laundry to do. At first they first suggested that we would get a 30% discount if we used the hotel services. These services in a hotel are usually very expensive so we politely declined and decided to find a laundrymat in the neighbor. They said, "no problem" and called to find one for us a block down the street!!! Cost was $7 to do about 3 loads. The laundry service was great. Drop off your clothes and pick up 4 hours later-cleaned, fresh and folded! They even deliver to the hotel!

Montevideo is beautiful! The people are warm and friendly. We had a wonderful experience at the Sheraton Four Points and would not hesitate to stay there again!!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
6  Thank TravelingASAP

Reviewed May 31, 2007

After reading several articles on Uruguay, I decided to take a trip there and celebrate my 48th birthday. Being a Marriott Rewards member, I usually try to stay the 1st night at one of their properties after a long international flight. After adjusting to the new culture, I then try to go more 'local'. I was suprised to find that there are no Marriotts in Uruguay. After checking TripAdvisor and reading many good reviews, I decided to try Sheraton's 4 Points Montevideo. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a very professional and friendly front desk staff. Carolina and Gerardo were exceptional. After spending the afternoon sightseeing, I returned to my room to find a plate of chocolate sweets and a 'Happy Birthday' greeting compliments of the hotel. I had not told anyone that it was by birthday, so I assume they picked it up off my passport. Very, very impressive. The room was nicely equiped however the window could not be opened for fresh air. The A/C kept blowing warm air even after I cranked it down. I originally booked my room on Sheraton's website but found it $35 less on another website. My rate included a buffet breakfast which was a nice way to start off the day. A health club is located on the top floor and has an indoor pool that overlooks the city. A few treadmills and exercise area with TV rounds out the club. The location of the hotel is so-so. It's not in a bad area, but it is still a 10-15 minute walk to the 'Old City' where many of the sights are located. On day #3, I checked out at 12noon and stored my bags with the hotel and spent my last afternoon sightseeing. Upon returning at 3pm,the front desk arranged for a private hotel car/taxi to the airport at a very good rate ($5 more than a street taxi). I later found out that they had told the driver (in Spanish, in which I don't understand) to take a scenic coastal route and show me more tourist sites. What a treat. It seemed like the staff just kept on going that 'extra step'.
I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. In addition to Marriott Rewards, I am now a member of Sheraton's Starwood program. Again.. I was VERY impressed.

Stayed: May 2007
6  Thank R B
Reviewed May 21, 2007

We only stayed in Montevideo for one night, but the Four Points was pefectly located! It was very close to the main street that runs through Montevideo. Front desk staff spoke English and were very helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. My only complaint - the toilet ran the entire time we were there, and it was difficult to fix. Otherwise a very good hotel, great location, and good value.

• Stayed: May 2007
3  Thank pj813
Reviewed December 31, 2006

We stayed for one night at Four Points in Montevideo in December of 2006 at the end of our Argentina/Uruguay trip. The price of our king room was US$70:- including breakfast.

This hotel still feels very new (built in 2005 if I am correct), rooms are modern and clean. Unfortunately we didn't have time to use the pool/fitness center though. Hotel is situated an easy 10-15-minutes walk from the old city. Service at the hotel is also very good and most of the staff speak good English.

In the evening we were wondering where to go for dinner and got an excellent recommendation from the duty manager. We had a dinner at "Che Montevideo" by the river on Rambla M. Gandhi, 10 minutes taxi drive from hotel. The restaurant has tables both inside and outside and is very popular because of the location. Both service and food were excellent too! Ask the reception to make a reservation for you, you won't be disappointed.

We found Four Points to be excellent value for money and won't hesitate to stay there again the next time we are in Montevideo.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank vulle
Reviewed March 16, 2006

I stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton for two nights while on vacation in Montevideo. The hotel is very new and offers all the comforts. It offers a complementary buffet breakfast everyday in the lobby restaurant. The rooms are clean, big and offer all the amenities one can expect. There is an indoor heated swimming pool and gym on the tenth floor. In the lobby there is a business center with internet access. The location is fantastic, being on Ejido and Ave. 18 de Julio, just steps away from shopping, restaurants and other Montevideo sights. The service I received from all the employees at the hotel was excellent. I highly recommend the Four Points by Sheraton in Montevideo for business or vacation travel.

• Stayed: March 2006
18  Thank justtravel
Reviewed February 19, 2006

The 4 Points is less than a year old and still has a feel of newness about it. The hotel is located just off the main central road through the heart of Montevideo, a 15 minute walk from the central square.

The rooms and levels of service are well above the standard you would expect in this price bracket and the hotel is establishing a good name for itself. The rooms are spacious, well equipped and kept very clean. It is considerably cheaper than the other Sheraton, which is much further out of the city and the Radisson, though this is slightly better located on the main square.

The hotel is 20 to 25 minutes from the airport and gives excellent access to the whole of the central area.

The food at the hotel is fine but I would suggest getting out as there are good restaurants around it and in the old city. If you have a spare 5 minutes try the 1970's style hot dog "super pancho" place on the corner with the main road, a 200 yard walk, they are the best our work team have found in Latin America and cost next to nothing !

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
12  Thank Gobicamelrider
A TripAdvisor Member
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed January 24, 2006

We chose the Four Points based upon our having been to Montvideo in March of 2005 and wanting to stay at another Starwood property closer to Downtown. The Four Points has been open for about a year and offers great value for the average leisure and business traveler. The staff could not have been more friendly and the junior suite was large, modern and clean. Since the hotel is fairly new, it remains a hidden find amongst some rather tired downtown hotels. The downtown location was certainly different from that of the Sheraton Montevideo located in the more upscale Punta Carretas area of town, but offered a different perspective while providing a quality hotel experience.
Montevideo appeals to our sense of adventure and remains more than affordable for the U.S. traveler. In this regard, the Four Points Montevideo provides the creature comforts that more mature travelers are accustomed to while remaining a top notch South American property. So rather than go for the more expensive Sheraton, give the Four Points a try-you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2005