Review Highlights

Unforgettable Experience at the Centenario

Reviewed December 3, 2016
Adam B
Albany, New York

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 11, 2017

Went to the Uruguay/ Brazil game . Thank you guys for not losing an English speaker!Had an exciting time and the guys, Franco and Ignacio, made sure I was safe and made sure I didn't wander off as I tend to do. They are so professional at their business and would highly recommend them for any football match, Just to be there in such excitement is worth the money!

Reviewed December 3, 2016

Went to the Uruguay vs. Ecuador world cup qualifying match at the Centenario with Fanaticos Futbol tours. These guys know soccer...err "futbol". We arrived at the game over an hour before kickoff and wondered why. It became clear pretty soon that reason was the game was a sellout and the seating was more or less a free for all. Arriving early allowed us to get settled in to some good seats as a group, hang out, get a choripan, and talk about the sport, the team, the stadium, anything. The guides, Nacho and Franco were walking encyclopedias about uruguayan soccer.

It's certainly interesting to learn about soccer and what it means to Uruguay, but the only way you can really get it is to go to a game like this. It was an incredible experience, and I would recommend attending a game with these guys if you have any interest in soccer, and what it means to Uruguay.

1  Thank Adam B
Reviewed December 2, 2016

My son and I went to a World Cup qualifier, which meant a lot of noise and excitement. We enjoyed it immensely. Last year my wife and I went to a less attended game with Nacho and Franco. There were no other guests, so we got to talk to them a lot and that was great!

Thank D.J. P
Reviewed August 26, 2015

I went to a Penarol game, spur of the moment, with Ignacio and Fanaticos Futbol Tours. (I heard about the game and Fanaticos Futbol Tours through Karen at Guru'guay and Casa Sarandi.) Ignacio and the van driver picked me up at Casa Sarandi (so convenient!) and we went to a Penarol game. I was so surprised at how easy it was for them to park and for us to enter without much fuss or rush (in the U.S., big sporting events are very different). Throughout the futbol game, Ignacio answered all of my questions and provided more information about futbol in Uruguay (he speaks perfect English, which is helpful). After the game, they drove the group back and dropped us off at our respective hotels/guesthouses. I even dropped my cell phone in the tour van, and they returned within 20 minutes to bring it back to where I was staying. So very nice of them!

It wasn't a "tour" that I went on, so I'm not sure if the last minute notice of a game was different from what they normally offer. We pretty much went to a game, with the convenience of being picked up/dropped off and also with them having purchased the ticket. So, I'm not sure what the tours are liked, but even going to a game with them was a great experience. Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 17, 2015

Nacho and Franco picked us up where we were staying in the old city and drove us to the historic Centennial Stadium for a game. They took care of everything, transportation, tickets, even a sausage. They ARE futbol fanatics, and seemed to know most of the people in the stadium! All in all, they were great hosts, and I highly recommend them. You don't want to visit South America and not see a match!

1  Thank djpass
Reviewed December 13, 2014

Going to a match while in Uruguay was a must for me as a football fan and follower. Fanaticos Futbol Tours was amazing, helpful and so much fun. They picked us up from a easy to find hotel (we were coming in just for the match from one of the beach towns.) and were fun and full of excellent football info and info on what to do in Uruguay. Liked them so much we want to meet up with them again when we are back in Montevideo at the end of our trip. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Reviewed October 29, 2014

the best place to savor the South American vibes is at a football stadium and Fanticos Futbol Tours went all their way up to make my evening unforgettable.. specially for someone like me, who does not fancy football that much ! The guys running Fanaticos are very reliable and will go to their outmost to offer you a great evening and experience, they pick you up from the hotel, they drop you at the stadium and stay you with you during the game and they brought you back to your hotel of choice. Had so much fun, it was such a nice experience and at a great value .... The staff really showed so much passion for their home team Peñarol (i attended was the Copa Sudamericana match between Peñarol (Montevideo)- Estudiantes Mar de Plata (Argentina)). thank you Ignacio and Julio for the great evening and for Franco for his personalised pick up... you guys rock and i can recommend your tour 100%

1  Thank 816soniag
Reviewed September 21, 2014

One of the best thing I have done in Uruguay. I met a lot of really nice people from Wanderers FC and had a greatest time with them drinking beer and eating chorizo. They were really happy to see me there. Something I can really recommend!!

Reviewed September 8, 2014

brilliant! absolutely brilliant! if you are looking for a lot of fun and a some football to boot, the fanaticos futbol tour is for you! beer and bbq after the game are equal to, if not more fun, than the game itself!! terrific experience and good times!
ps if you are interested in having a look at the football museum, it's much cheaper to do it on your own...plus the museum ( which is at the stadium ) not that great!

1  Thank thomas w
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I was taken along to a friendly game at the Centenario between Peñarol and Olimpo of Argentina and really enjoyed the information on the history of the two teams provided by Ignacio and Julio. They had a friend come over during the game who offered me my first taste of mate, too, which was a bonus!

A couple of days later Franco and Dani took me to the Peñarol museum, which was opened just for me, then to Gran Parque Central, the home of Nacional. We finished up in the Centenario and the guys were extremely friendly, clearly love the game and really know their stuff. Both these tours were without doubt the highlights of my time in Montevideo and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.

1  Thank Tom W