“Amazing amazing by the way did I mention it's amazing?”

Jacinto cafe & restaurant
Ranked #45 of 1,223 Restaurants in Montevideo
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

I ended up at this restaurant per the recommendation of my hotel Alba Historico which in about 500 feet away.
It was the best recommendation ever
Restaurant: cute very open style seating. I sat next to the cooks to see it all go down.

Service:excellent! They made very good recommendations based on my preference and limited Spanish. They also made sure my water cup never went empty.

Food: Fabulius. I started with the pear salad with Brie cheese. It was fresh and delightful. I then had the chicken with bacon and a side of a very perfectly made mash potatoes and I was making so many sounds of delight that people were staring at me The food is yummy. You can tell its good here immediately because when you enter the restaurant you can already smell how delicious everything is.

I'll be back again tonight for my final meal. No need to go anywhere else.

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,098)

Reviewed June 1, 2016

I went to Jacinto on Saturday at noon, with my wife and two kids (one is 3 years old, the other one is 3 months), so you can imagine that we were not an easy party to deal with! Luckily we were warmly welcomed, we had no reservation but we were led to a very good table with lots of natural light and comfortable. The atmosphere / decoration of the place is absolutely great, specially the fact that you can see the cooks / bar / food reception area (this is actually on your way to bathrooms but all is totally on sight) which makes the experience really cool.
We ordered a couple of salads, very inventive and with fresh and tasty ingredients. A couple of flavor waters, also very original and tasty, then the gnocchi which very good, and the day´s special of shrimp curry with rice. I don´t recall what we had for dessert, but it was delicious!! We coupled the food with two wine glasses of Narbona´s Pinot Noir reasonably priced. We were lucky to arrive early, since the the place got crowded by 1:30 pm. We will definitely be back, and will not stop until we tasted the whole menu! Congratulations on the venture and long live Jacinto!

Reviewed May 26, 2016

I loved Jacinto! It represents Uruguaian food on its best. Absolutely delicious, exquisite food, creative cuisine! Try the grilled pulp with white beans! The place is cosy and the people serving where very efficient and friendly. Congratulations! Will go back before the end of my trip!

Reviewed May 25, 2016 via mobile

We spent a late afternoon in this cozy bistro. The restaurant has tables up and downstairs and has an old world feel- while serving a great variety of local cuisine. The wine list is very respectable and they stock local brews. The service is noteworthy and they have Spanish, English, and Italian speaking servers. We would visit here again.

Reviewed May 24, 2016

On our last night we did not want to venture far, so we dicided for the Jacinto within walking distance of our hotel. It is true that they try to use every space for tables but we did not mind that knowing what to expect. The food was delicous from the apetizers throught to the desserts. It came close to the meal we had at Tona the night before. Very fresh fish and imaginative taste. The service was very nice and efficient even when the place became very busy.

Date of visit: April 2016