“Delicious food and free wifi”

Jacinto cafe & restaurant
Ranked #26 of 975 Restaurants in Montevideo
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Santiago, Chile
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food and free wifi”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We enjoyed two visits to this cafe on a cruise stopover. The first day, we sampled the rosé and caught up with friends and family online from the comfort of their large window seats surrounded by hints of pink, The next day, we decided to return for lunch on the other side of the restaurant (black and white). Loved the ambience of both sides. We both ordered chicken- mine was the milanesa with salad. Both meals were delicious, reasonable priced, and accompanied by good carmenere. The service was friendly and prompt, but no one shoved us out the door either. A real treat in a great location- old town!

• Visited January 2014

Darwin, Australia
“Lovely atmosphere, great coffee, Good Food”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in here off a cruise ship to utilize their very speedy wifi, then returned for lunch. My husband had a tagliatelle pasta and I had a salad, his pasta he rated 8/10 and my salad was delicious but slightly soggy greens. Would still definitely eat here again.

Montevideo, Montevideo, Uruguay
“Both Excellent and Charming”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have eaten here several times, and it is my 'go to' place when my North American friends come down to visit. It is always great and I have never been disappointed. First, I must say, that I have been in South America for a year now, so I am not in any great need of another piece of beautiful meat, grilled to perfection over hot coals. That is good, but I am always on the look out for something different, and lighter. And Jacinto is my savior. Everything about it is good. The people cooking, the wait staff, menu variety, food quality and charm. I love it. I took my 'foodie' granddaughter, and she was rapturous about the creamed beet soup. The thought of it was not so enticing, but she convinced me to try it...and she was right. It was fabulous. So good, in fact that she asked for the recipe., and generously, the chef gave it to her. 'Vivian G' mentioned the bread, so I will only add that I agree with her. And you will want to take some home in your pocket, hehe. If you are only in Montevideo for a day, coming from B A on the Buquebus, or a cruise ship, then this is the perfect stop, because besides the great food, it is in the middle of the lovely pedestrian street, just off Plaza Independencia....Oh, I should mention, lunch is the time to go.

• Visited December 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Good food. Great bread. Inexpensive sandwiches to go.”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Jacinto is a great place for lunch, or for coffee and tea. They also sell loaves of house baked bread - I recommend the pan negro, a yummy loaf with raisins and nuts. Their salads are tasty and fresh, and if you're in a hurry, you can get a gourmet sandwich to go for only 150 pesos.

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had been wandering down this end of town and noticed the Jacinto was very busy and when I entered it was vibrant and lively. Not knowing anywhere in the city I was pleased to have found it. I let the waiter suggest the dish and was very satisfied. The menu had an authentic charm. The kitchens are open to the room and everyone I noticed involved in the place was young and energetic. I started with gazpacho - great - and then had bocconcini. It sounds Italian but this seemed a very local dish to me. As others have said, wifi didn't work. The offer of wifi was one of the fcators for me going in, so that problem needs to be fixed. Anyway, overall very happy.

• Visited November 2013