“Best restaurant ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Al Forno

Al Forno
Ranked #15 of 923 Restaurants in Montevideo
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Punta Carretas
Description: Al Forno since March also in the heart of Punta Carretas, still delighting an exquisite gastronomic offer byits flavors and its fineness, created in clay oven.
Montevideo
“Best restaurant ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

This is the best restaurant I've been! Amazing food, service and price range.
You must try the Brotola (and every other dishes!)!

Washington, DC
“Fine Food - Even Better Presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Tempted by the TripAdvisor reviews, my wife and I visited Al Forno on our first night in Montevideo. It was not easy to find -- the key is to use the big shopping center as a landmark and take it from there. But the food was well worth the time invested.

Al Forno is a small restaurant, but its quality stands out. I ate the rotolo pasta -- it was pretty damned delicious, very rich and filling. I cleaned my plate. Excellent wine selection, too. . . . The chef's presentation also must be noted. Everything the server put on our table, from the appetizers to the main dishes, reflected a unique visual style, and was pretty in appearance as well as taste.

I highly recommend Al Forno. You won't regret your visit.

• Visited April 2014
Sao Paulo
“Carnaval in Uruguay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Recommended and reserved by the Sofitel hotel. Very small and a little hard to find. Would definitely recommend. My wife and I both had crab lasagna which was both unusual and excellent. Wine list was very adequate.
Must mention a coincidence. When we arrived there was a group table from a cruise ship all English speakers. When leaving a lady came to apologize for the noise they had been making which however was not the case. I asked from where she came and to my surprise she said from Portsmouth in England which I left 54 years ago to emigrate to Brazil.I asked if she lived in the city and she told me she lived a little outside in Portchester where I lived as a very young boy and where we were "bombed out" during the war. I told her that we lived on The Crossways. Her home is 2 blocks from there. The world is getting very small.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Elllicott City
“Interesting menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has a very good an interesting menu. I enjoyed the rotolo pasta. It is expensive but worth it

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Carmen2217
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I frequently have dinner there. The whole menu is worth a try. I love the crab lasagna and my husband the fish in iron box and the lamb. They always welcome us with homemade bread and dips. The caramelized onion pizza is delicious as a starter. The girls serving are very nice and helpful, and the chef is very creative with the mixing of the different ingredients. We love the place. I even go there for lunch with my lady friends.

• Visited October 2013