Overall I think this is a pretty good hotel. I have noticed a very big difference in opinion between Europeans/North Americans and South Americans regarding this hotel and other in South America. I haven't traveled enough in South America to say this with confidence, but I think there is a different expectation of quality between the two groups.
Compared to North American and European hotels, this place needs a bit of work, but still a decent hotel.
Nice big pool on the 6th floor. Room service is better than most (including American/Euro hotels). The Filet Mignon was particularly good. If you are a beer drinker, go with the Patricia.
Rooms are nice with a comfortable bed and warm shower. Breakfast is slightly above average on the 25th floor with a fantastic view of the city.
Staff are very friendly across the board. Location is good, in the main square in the center of old town. Free Internet, slow dodgy connection which seems to be the standard here.
NOTE: This is the big place in town, so your options are limited.
- The toilet would not flush very well
- The windows in our room make a cracking type noise on a regular basis. Makes it very hard to sleep. Walls are also a little thin.
- The whirlpool was empty, as in no water in the men's and woman's change rooms.
- Elements of the hotel are dated. I personally didn't care, but the well heeled crowd that are used to flat screen TVs and new taps and fridges might feel like they are back in the 1980s/90s.
Overall would I stay again, yes. I think the place is fine. Just don't expect 5 Stars.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Radisson Montevideo Victoria Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Montevideo
- Montevideo Radisson