Hotel is not bad for a short stay in Montevideo:
1.Location: It is on the main square (Independencia) in the old city. Perfect for business. Not so good for leisure travelers. After hours, the area is run down and a bit rough so care for one's safety is required. The City of Montevideo is heavily deteriorated, it is poor, with a tinge of sadness about it. People are poorly dressed and there are some rough elements.
2. Rooms: They are comfortable, and sufficiently large with a nice TV and good selection of Cable channels. Toilette is adequate too. Internet access is complimentary and works OK.
3. Breakfast: It is served on the top floor with great views (you can't say ''stunning'' because Montevideo is an ugly city) of the River Plate. Breakfast selection is optimal. You won't be disappointed.
4. Valet Parking is available at no extra charge which is a nice surprise.
5. Service: Poor. We arrived at 1 pm and our room wasn't ready. Staff were disorganised, with an offhand ''I don't care'' attitude, and generally of a standard which no 5 star hotel should offer. This was not just at Reception, but at managerial level.
6. Price: It was excessive at $175.00 a night but it was competitive. Uruguay is an expensive country to travel due to the appreciation of the local currency.
Overall, this hotel is perfectly fine for a short stay and particularly if you are in town on business. Although one suspects that by the look of things, and the decay which is obvious across Montevideo, not much business is done in this ugly capital.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Carlson, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Montevideo Victoria Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Montevideo
- Montevideo Radisson