“Good area and great breakfast”
Review of Armon Suites Hotel

Armon Suites Hotel
Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Montevideo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Friendly welcoming and efficient staff. Rooms are fine although a little more frayed at the edges than pictures suggest. Area good and feels safe. Pool is tiny so don't plan more than a bit of splashing around. Food at breakfast very good for this part of the world possibly because its a Jewish hotel. Lots to say that's positive but little or nothing to criticise as you can gather from comments above.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gerencia, Director Comercial at Armon Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Customer, thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the hotel.
Thank you for the comment of your room, possibly there were some details that were not kept. Usually do not spend this kind of situation and we apologize for that.

We are at your service when your next destination is Montevideo.
Best regards.

There are newer reviews for Armon Suites Hotel

Reviewed March 1, 2013

people working there were really nice from the maids waitresses front desk. not great with english but it's URUGUAY. paid an extra 5 bucks for a superior single room. huge room with big flatscreen, good cable, fridge and microwave. 10 floor facing away from the street. can see the river and downtown. supermarket 2 blocks. full of restaurants and bars in the area. buses near to everywhere. right between pocitos beach and punta carretas mall. golf and roda park close by. very clean with a small pool and gym. people complained about the breakfast but the place i had before was tea and wonderbread. they made fresh fruit salad and scrambled eggs with tomatoes and cheese, i was good till super. they'll even make you a cappucino if you ask! i had a router right outside my door so great internet. i thought the heavy lady at front desk was cool. she always smiled and was very nice to me. i stayed five days

Room Tip: facing away from the street is super quiet and gives a great view when there's a thunderstorm
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank treefrogt250
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

The Hotel is very close to the best restaurants, the Beach And is generally located in a very fine, rich neighborhood. From here you can easily take a bus to the different braches or to the City Centre. Room were OK, nothing fancy but clean. Service is kind and helpful.
Breakfast was OK, could have been a few more picks.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Cem T
Gerencia, Director Comercial at Armon Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Guest, thanks soo much for your comments, are very important for us.

We work daily to all our customers have a special stay confotable.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back again when they return to our city.

Best regards and thank you very much for choosing us.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

People take care of everything you need. They're nice and gentle.
Ambients is cool and fresh. Lots of flowers in every space. Everything is very clean.
The only thing to know is that no ham or meat is served in breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ramiro C
Gerencia, Director Comercial at Armon Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest, we are pleased to receive your comments about your recent stay in our hotel.

To our knowledge, we do everything possible to compensate the absence of ham, but beyond that I assure you we work daily to renew all the options we give to our customers the best breakfast.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in Montevideo.
Best regards.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel is nice, neat clean and very well located (Pocitos neighborhood - near good bars and restaurants).

My room was spacey and comfortable. The cleanness was correct.

The only thing that MUST BE explicit-ed is that the hotel is KOSHER. I have no prejudice to any religion, and believe in respecting all creed. I knew that the breakfast would follow kosher rules, ok for me. No pork, no meat (they do not mix meat and milk in the same meal) would be offered.

I'm fighting against the scale, and hard dieting - I'm following for a year a strict low-carb diet (so no bread, oat, milk or even yogurt for me), so the first day the breakfast was fine, but they do not make any variation, the menu was the same every day. So I've bought some salami and brought with me to the table. A staff of the hotel told me that IT WAS PROHIBITED IN THE HOTEL. As I respect all creed, I've refrained of eating that.

I've never imagined that when you're in a HOTEL, not a synagogue, you'd be reprimanded of eating pork. I've never intended disrespecting any one, so I haven't even made any questioning about the fact we were in a HOTEL. I've simply came back to my room and avoided the breakfast for the end of my stay - I've preferred eating my morning meal elsewhere.

Without this happening my stay would be perfect.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Ooka
Gerencia, Director Comercial at Armon Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Guest!
Many thanks for your comment. It will improve the way that the supervisor should inform about our breakfast. Also, i'm shore that he never mean dis respect you or other person in any way.
But anyway, our general manager will work in this right away.
Best regards and keep in mind that we are here for serve all our guests!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This hotel is very nice with large clean rooms. It is in a very nice location.
Not too far from Puntas Caretas and the Golf Club. Also not too far from the beach.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2012

A small,friendly hotel very well situated in Pocitos.A very nice suburb of Montevideo.Good
service.Rooms are comfortable and very clean.The restaurant provides a good breakfast.
Parking available.Close to a large shopping centre- Punta Carretas.Situated on an important
street with many stores and restaurants closeby.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business