“very upscale neighborhood”

Ranked #17 of 87 Hotels in Montevideo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“very upscale neighborhood”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

people working there were really nice from the maids waitresses front desk. not great with english but it's URUGUAY. paid an extra 5 bucks for a superior single room. huge room with big flatscreen, good cable, fridge and microwave. 10 floor facing away from the street. can see the river and downtown. supermarket 2 blocks. full of restaurants and bars in the area. buses near to everywhere. right between pocitos beach and punta carretas mall. golf and roda park close by. very clean with a small pool and gym. people complained about the breakfast but the place i had before was tea and wonderbread. they made fresh fruit salad and scrambled eggs with tomatoes and cheese, i was good till super. they'll even make you a cappucino if you ask! i had a router right outside my door so great internet. i thought the heavy lady at front desk was cool. she always smiled and was very nice to me. i stayed five days

Room Tip: facing away from the street is super quiet and gives a great view when there's a thunderstorm
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank treefrogt250

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

The Hotel is very close to the best restaurants, the Beach And is generally located in a very fine, rich neighborhood. From here you can easily take a bus to the different braches or to the City Centre. Room were OK, nothing fancy but clean. Service is kind and helpful.
Breakfast was OK, could have been a few more picks.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Cem T
Gerencia, Director Comercial at Armon Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Guest, thanks soo much for your comments, are very important for us.

We work daily to all our customers have a special stay confotable.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back again when they return to our city.

Best regards and thank you very much for choosing us.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed November 12, 2012

People take care of everything you need. They're nice and gentle.
Ambients is cool and fresh. Lots of flowers in every space. Everything is very clean.
The only thing to know is that no ham or meat is served in breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ramiro C
Gerencia, Director Comercial at Armon Suites Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest, we are pleased to receive your comments about your recent stay in our hotel.

To our knowledge, we do everything possible to compensate the absence of ham, but beyond that I assure you we work daily to renew all the options we give to our customers the best breakfast.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in Montevideo.
Best regards.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel is nice, neat clean and very well located (Pocitos neighborhood - near good bars and restaurants).

My room was spacey and comfortable. The cleanness was correct.

The only thing that MUST BE explicit-ed is that the hotel is KOSHER. I have no prejudice to any religion, and believe in respecting all creed. I knew that the breakfast would follow kosher rules, ok for me. No pork, no meat (they do not mix meat and milk in the same meal) would be offered.

I'm fighting against the scale, and hard dieting - I'm following for a year a strict low-carb diet (so no bread, oat, milk or even yogurt for me), so the first day the breakfast was fine, but they do not make any variation, the menu was the same every day. So I've bought some salami and brought with me to the table. A staff of the hotel told me that IT WAS PROHIBITED IN THE HOTEL. As I respect all creed, I've refrained of eating that.

I've never imagined that when you're in a HOTEL, not a synagogue, you'd be reprimanded of eating pork. I've never intended disrespecting any one, so I haven't even made any questioning about the fact we were in a HOTEL. I've simply came back to my room and avoided the breakfast for the end of my stay - I've preferred eating my morning meal elsewhere.

Without this happening my stay would be perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Ooka
Gerencia, Director Comercial at Armon Suites Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest!
Many thanks for your comment. It will improve the way that the supervisor should inform about our breakfast. Also, i'm shore that he never mean dis respect you or other person in any way.
But anyway, our general manager will work in this right away.
Best regards and keep in mind that we are here for serve all our guests!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This hotel is very nice with large clean rooms. It is in a very nice location.
Not too far from Puntas Caretas and the Golf Club. Also not too far from the beach.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Asuncion, Paraguay
Reviewed March 19, 2012

A small,friendly hotel very well situated in Pocitos.A very nice suburb of Montevideo.Good
service.Rooms are comfortable and very clean.The restaurant provides a good breakfast.
Parking available.Close to a large shopping centre- Punta Carretas.Situated on an important
street with many stores and restaurants closeby.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I stayed for a couple of nights from November 29 to December 01, 2011.
Spacious rooms, excellent location especially if you are for the first time in Montevideo.
I was disappointed by the front desk stuff (chubby young lady) with no charisma at all.
You’ll get more info from a waiter, or any other street vendor.
The Uruguayans are extremely friendly people.
I am a concierge in a four star hotel in Buenos Aires.
Next time I’ll look for a different four stars hotel even if I have to pay more than I paid now (U$D 125/night)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo