“Did not meet low expectations”

Best Western Pedro Figari Hotel
Ranked #45 of 87 Hotels in Montevideo
Reviewed August 11, 2013

When arrived very late at night the entrance door was under construction and no sign on how to get into the Hotel. Once we did the check in and went to the room, the room was FREEZING cold. When asked the check in person stated that we should call in advance to warm the room ( it was 0 degrees celcius outside ).
Service was good and breakfast was OK. Nevertheless, will never consider this Hotel when going back to beautiful Montevideo.

Room Tip: During winter once you reserve your room, you must call them to put the heater on, if you you freeze
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jose Eduardo B
There are newer reviews for Best Western Pedro Figari Hotel

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This brand new little hotel is nearby the airport and walking distance to the newly refurbished Casino. I stayed in room #1 right near the tiny front desk. I couldn't sleep. People coming and going at all hours, front desk staff talking.. I could hear everything. I don't know about the other rooms, but considering the thickness of the door and the floor type I guess all rooms are alike. Rooms are small but comfortable. internet is ok and breakfast is passable.

Room Tip: dont stay at the ground floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

After coming back from Punta & Piriapolis-which to me was the disappointment, I found solace, quiet, tidiness & a very lovely and accommodating staff. After 5 nights of sleeplessness, I was able to rest easy. I would recommend this hotel highly. For the previous reviewer who commented on refurbishment they are doing just that. My room was excellent! Beautifully decorated with antique furnishings & wardrobe. My view of the sea & ramble was terrific-I even had a balcony to enjoy the sea breezes & watch the paraboarders gliding by! My sleep was quiet & I disturbed. The neighborhood is upscale, safe & a mixture of new & old stately homes! A fun walk about with plenty of shops, banks, restaurants & even a casino. I don't think you would be disappointed! : ))

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed here twice last May, good location for my purposes as I needed to be in Carrasco and travel to Punta del Este. Probably not the best location, however, if you need to be near downtown Montevideo. The beach is just across the street, and there are some good restaurants and a "Tienda Inglesa" (grocery store) within walking distance. On my first visit the room had a lot of street noise and was adjacent to the very decrepit and noisy lift, making sleep difficult. The bathroom was also in need of a makeover. When I returned for my second stay, they had no record of my reservation. Not good. But, enter the staff, who had been super helpful during my first stay! The reception staff found me a much nicer room and gave me a free upgrade. There were other minor inconveniences (such as an in-room safe box that did not work), but the staff did a good job of attending to these matters. In short, the location and staff were great, but the hotel itself needs remodelling and updating.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelFigari, Gerente at Best Western Pedro Figari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear guest: Thank you very much for taking time to coment about your stay at our hotel.

Although the hotel has only little more than 10 years, we know that we need an updating, and I can inform your that we´re just about to start a remodellation of the lobby and all rooms of the hotel. It will take time, but, I´m sure it`ll be in benefict of our guests.

Also I apreciate that you let us know your opinion about our staff. We work very hard every day, to make our guest a pleasent, safety stay, as they were at home.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Hotel is at Montevideo's Rambla, in front of the sea and close to the airport.
The first negative impression is the very strong odour of "el cheapo" ambient perfume when you just walk into the reception... this "perfume", will follow you to all rooms. Had to sleep with open windows to correct this "sensation".. and enjoy the early morning traffic noise...
The second negative impresion is more technical, the hotel's elevator uses an inverter to modify the motor's speed, the inverter's high pitched noise can be heard in almost all over the place... this is something that could be easily fixed...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night, on our way to Punta del Este. It is very comfortable place, room was small but Ok, in the top second floor with a ceiling in "mansarda", comfortable bed and bathroom was ok too. Senior people who were leaving the hotel the next morning were very thankfull with the warm attention and personal treatment they had received along their several days stay. All staff was also very attentive to us. they looked after our car and bycicles, since we could not enter the very tiny and complex underground garage. Location is great, accross the street from the beach. It will certainly benefit when the monstrous Carrasco Casino Hotel gets finally rebuilt and operational, now the area looks like war-zone. We walked to the restaurants nearby and it is a bit scaring, although it was safe and uneventful. breakfast was very good, with fresh fruits, home-made bakery and lots of things to eat from the buffet. Scrambled eggs had not been replaced along the breakfast time, but the rest was excellent.
Great place to stay if you do not like to be down-town and don`t need a lot of space to move around.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2011

To be honest, I have mixed feelings about this hotel. I must admit it´s quite cozy -has a homey feeling to it-, has a great location (not downtown, but a 20 min. ride, and close to airport, Zonamerica, and beautiful Carrasco area shops, restaurants and beaches) and very kind staff.
On the other hand I must also admit it needs major refurbishing, there are many details to be changed, decoration in general is outdated, although if renewed has to keep the homey feeling it has now, bathrooms are in bad shape, showers don´t work properly, you freeze and then you literally burn in the matter of seconds, very frustrating! Tiles are broken and poorly kept with stains all over from paint and sealers, just to mention a few. It seems as if it has been repaired by parts and what it needs is an overall renewal.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business