“Small and comfortable home-style place in carrasco!”

Best Western Pedro Figari Hotel
Ranked #48 of 87 Hotels in Montevideo
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night, on our way to Punta del Este. It is very comfortable place, room was small but Ok, in the top second floor with a ceiling in "mansarda", comfortable bed and bathroom was ok too. Senior people who were leaving the hotel the next morning were very thankfull with the warm attention and personal treatment they had received along their several days stay. All staff was also very attentive to us. they looked after our car and bycicles, since we could not enter the very tiny and complex underground garage. Location is great, accross the street from the beach. It will certainly benefit when the monstrous Carrasco Casino Hotel gets finally rebuilt and operational, now the area looks like war-zone. We walked to the restaurants nearby and it is a bit scaring, although it was safe and uneventful. breakfast was very good, with fresh fruits, home-made bakery and lots of things to eat from the buffet. Scrambled eggs had not been replaced along the breakfast time, but the rest was excellent.
Great place to stay if you do not like to be down-town and don`t need a lot of space to move around.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 29, 2011

To be honest, I have mixed feelings about this hotel. I must admit it´s quite cozy -has a homey feeling to it-, has a great location (not downtown, but a 20 min. ride, and close to airport, Zonamerica, and beautiful Carrasco area shops, restaurants and beaches) and very kind staff.
On the other hand I must also admit it needs major refurbishing, there are many details to be changed, decoration in general is outdated, although if renewed has to keep the homey feeling it has now, bathrooms are in bad shape, showers don´t work properly, you freeze and then you literally burn in the matter of seconds, very frustrating! Tiles are broken and poorly kept with stains all over from paint and sealers, just to mention a few. It seems as if it has been repaired by parts and what it needs is an overall renewal.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MarianoG
Reviewed November 15, 2011

This hotel is very far from being a four star hotel. The air conditioning dripped inside the room, and there was no one available to fix it. So we had to spend the night with no air conditioning in a room with windows that wouldn't open and with a fan turned on, which didn't help much. It is impossible to keep the shower at a constant temperature; it burns you and then freezes you. I am no tv expert, but I couldn't get the tv to work. There is no restaurant in the hotel and breakfast, which is not that good, is served only at eight. The general upkeep of the place is not the best and the staff is not very friendly, and in some cases almost rude (with our complaints about the dripping air conditioner). For our trip, the location was great, on the waterfront and near the nice Carrasco restaurants an shops.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We've just left this hotel, the location is not good for getting around Montevideo with it taking a good 20mins & cost of UR$315 to get to Centro. The room was small, dark, dingy & depressing. The bathroom was small but nice & clean with fluffy white towels. The TV is not straight forward to work & the door to the "balcony" was stuck. The breakfast was good with eggs, sausages, bread, cheese, ham, fruit & yogurt so you can really full up. The staff were friendly & helpful. There is a nice little shopping area close by with a superb restaurants, banks & general amenities. I think this is the saving grace location wise for this hotel otherwise it felt just too far from anywhere. Would not go back for this reason.

• Stayed: November 2011
HotelFigari, Gerente at Best Western Pedro Figari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Dear Guest: Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. It's true that the hotel is located 20 minutes by car from downtwon. Some people thinks its far, and others who lives in larger and crowder cities thinks it is not so far. We also have corporative guest that come to Zonamerica and find that the hotel has a very convenient location, just 15 minutes to get there.
I mean, we can´t change the location, but what I can change if you come back to Montevideo is the location inside the hotel. I offer you a courtesy up-grade to our best suite: executive: is large, luminous, and whith a wonderful river view.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at + 598 2 600824.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

The hotel is located on a very busy road and the traffic noise is so loud I could barely hear the TV. There was no double glazing in my room and the windows do nothing to insulate this constant barrage. This hotel was recommended to me by my clients and I wish I had stayed at the Ibis- as i did for the rest of my business visit to wonderful Montevideo. The room I had was small, dated, very tired and the bathroom small. It was by far the worst hotel I stayed at during my month in South America. Yes, the location and the staff were nice with the beachfront across the busy road and the Carrasco village shops about 2 blocks away but It was very poor value and not the restful retreat a business traveler needs.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TaldoraTraveler
HotelFigari, Gerente at Best Western Pedro Figari Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.. We are aware of the problem of street noise in the rooms, and you have to know that in January we will begin to change all the room windows of the hotel, and having a sealed double glazing with air chamber in the middle.
We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. We have larger rooms than the one you stayed in October, and I would like to give you a courtesy up-grade.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at + 598 2 600824 o to my e-mail: mrovira@hotelpedrofigari.com

Mercedes Rovira

Reviewed September 29, 2011

This hotel is located very close to the airport in a very nice neighborhood of Carrasco. The hotel is very old, but quaint. We really enjoyed the view of the Rambla and the Rio Plata. There are lots of great restaurants and shopping within walking distance. The only downside is the distance from the city center (USD $15 taxi ride). There is no bar or restaurant at the hotel. The rooms are small, but efficient. The staff was very helpful and polite. Breakfast was included. You must go to Bar Arocena just around the corner, it is open 24 hours and is lots of fun. We really enjoyed the hotel and would recommend it and stay there again if we return.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2011

The hotel may not look recently refurbished, but the location and the staff make up for it. The "rambla" (beach front walk) is across the street and many restaurants a couple of blocks away. You can walk there or try the local grocery store (Tienda Inglesa) and treat yourself to the most amazing ham, mortadella and make your own sandwich! I will return!! During spring and summer this location is unbeatable!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family