“Awesome experience!”

La Fonda del Puertito
Ranked #27 of 936 Restaurants in Montevideo
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Autentic Uruguayan food, second to none wine cellar with "hard to find" Uruguayan wines. Reasonably priced, you can enjoy the best of the Uruguayan barbacue, but also very good menu range, from pasta to fish and vegetarian options.
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Awesome experience in a restaurant, one of the most memorable services I have ever had, and the meal was high quality! A small story that occur to me there, I went with my girlfriend, and she wanted strawberries with cream, unfortunatelly, it wasn't listed in the menu, as I wanted to spoil her I made a joke to the waitress that if there wasn't strawberries we wouldn't want desert. He said there wasn't any, sadly. After several minutes without seeing our waitress to ask for the bill, he appears with a big cup with fres strawberrys and just made cream! Awesome experience, would definitly come back here when I can!

• Visited January 2014

São Paulo, Brazil
“Nice place for a uruguayan meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I went to this place based on a recomendation about the sea food in Montevideo.
My wife ordered beef ancho with wine sauce, that was very good, but for sure could serve two people.
I ordered seabass with butter herbs, good, but the herbs were dry, giving it a strong taste. The fish was ok at the begginig, not so soft, but tasty. When I reached the second half of the dish, the fish was raw and had to ask for another seconds at the parrilla. My conclusion is the fish was badly unfrozen. Despite a sunday night, I would rather have other kind of fresh fish than a frozen one.
The service was great, wine also. Desert for kids was easily divided. And the place has a great atmosphere, maybe I was unlucky, but would come back to try.

• Visited January 2014
Rahway, New Jersey
“The food was great and so was the desert!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

i had a sampler it was chicken, steak and grilled pork served with potatoes. My friends raved over there grilled chicken that is marinated in garlic oil. The chicken is moist and flavorful and he asked for the grilled veggies with the chicken. They looked so good I had to try them. Delicious! Another friend had the fish. I tried to up load that pictures but they were not clear enough. And my last friend ordered the baby beef. He loved it and he order a salad with his. It was most expensive than some other places I have gone to in Montevideo but the food was on the money! It was great!! I ordered dessert dulce de leche and flan and my friend ordered the apple tart and both were fabulous!!!

• Visited October 2013
Bucharest, Romania
“Very good restaurant, great food, huge portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have come to this restaurant many times (>10). It's has a nice ambiance (like a family restaurant) and the serving is great. The food is very good and the portions are huge. It seems a little expensive but when you think about the quality of the food and the size, actually it's good value. You receive from the house a small piece of pizza as appetizer from the house plus with bread and a mix of vegetables under oil. As main dishes I recommend the steak and the salmon with vegetables which are very good. I also recommend the deserts (postres) which are simply amazing ("Brownie con helado" is a must-try). The service is fast and very attentive and you can pay with card with no problem.

• Visited May 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Prices for gringos!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Nice, rustic ambiance, very good service, food was ok. Bill was higher than comparable diner at the Sheraton...

Visited March 2013