“Prices for gringos!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Fonda del Puertito

La Fonda del Puertito
Ranked #28 of 923 Restaurants in Montevideo
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Autentic Uruguayan food, second to none wine cellar with "hard to find" Uruguayan wines. Reasonably priced, you can enjoy the best of the Uruguayan barbacue, but also very good menu range, from pasta to fish and vegetarian options.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Prices for gringos!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Nice, rustic ambiance, very good service, food was ok. Bill was higher than comparable diner at the Sheraton...

Visited March 2013

Montevideo
“you cannot go to eat dessert”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We used to go frequently to dine, since the food is tasty and well priced. We once went just to have dessert and were invited to leave after we had taken a seat and informed by the waiter and OWNER that we could only stay if we were going to dine, but not for dessert. We were treated very rudely and find this policy unacceptable.

Montreal, Canada
“Somethings very good, some don't”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I went with my wife to this restaurant. I ordered a salmon with vegetables made with wok and it was very good, but my wife ordered a chicken salad with mustard which wasn't good (it didn't taste like mustard, something was very wrong with the sauce). We also ordered a carrau cabernet sauvignon wich tasted bad (probably due to bad storage), some days later we drank this same wine at another place and it was good.
The price is a little bit high for what it is. The location is good, in Punta Carretas.
The service was good, the owner gave a 50% discount on the bad stuff we ordered.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lakeland, Florida
“Great dinner but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was looking for a typical parrilla style meat restaurant and I chose this one based on the recommendation by the hotel staff where I was staying. I arrived at about 8pm. Early by Montevideo standards. Staff was great. I ordered the Entrecôte (prime steak) with fries and a Chop (draft pint) of beer. They brought out a cheese pizza as an appetizer which was very good. even if it had no sauce. They also brought out fresh baguette bread. My order came out in good time. The steak was very flavorful but not as tender as I would have expected for this cut. Nonetheless it was a very good steak. I ordered the steak al punto (medium). It had a very nice pink center which is way I like my steak. Here's the but part. Later that evening I got sick as a dog. I was up all night with the bouts. Now the point is simply to be careful on ordering undercooked meat. I am a very disciplined traveler and watch everything I eat so I know it was the steak. I was so anxious that I forgot to order it well done. In any case because this was my fault and not the restaurants I would definitely recommend going there. It has a very nice ambiance and decor and has tables that are inside but facing the street that give you that dinning al fresco feel. They also have a great wine selection.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank JuanOquendo
Mountain View, California
“Excellent place to have a nice dinner or lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is one of my favorite places to have a good dinner or lunch in Montevideo. Perhaps not the best place but it is one of them. The service is great unless it is peak when you will need to wait a bit in order to be seat or served. Sundays it is very crowed, but for dinner or lunch during the week the service is great.
Although it is not he best fancy restaurants I think that the value/price ratio is one of the best, and may be the best one. Highly recommended.
I have been here for business, family and friends.

• Visited July 2012