“Nice petit restaurant in Punta Carretas”
Review of Mamma Nostra

Mamma Nostra
Ranked #210 of 964 Restaurants in Montevideo
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Zona de Punta Carretas
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Nice petit restaurant in Punta Carretas”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I went with a couple of friends and food is good, as well service.

I would recommend pasta.

When weather is good you can seat outside.

Visited December 2013

Rahway, New Jersey
“It was a pleasant surprise!!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were planning on going to the popular restaurant across the street that is basically a whole in the wall with great food. We had to wait at the other restaurant and since we had taken a taxi there we decided to try this restaurant that was across the street. I was in a steak mood and it was a nice cut and cooked to perfection. My friends had the eggplant parm and the seafood pasta. And there was a great caprese salad. I paid about $20 for my steak and a large (liter) beer. We arrived early at about 20:30 and we were the only the second group. It seemed like have the restaurant was reserved and they all showed up. I can't complain. It was a great meal. I would recommend this place if you are feeling like Italian. It's not like Italy, but it was decent delicious meal!!

• Visited October 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
“poor food”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I'm fond of italian food, and this place was a big disappointment. Food was not only ok, as it uses to be in Montevideo: it was actually bad, heavy and tasteless. Besides the quality, it was not cheapy, so I'd rather cook some pasta in my own house with a good wine than waste my time and money here again.

Visited July 2013
Castillos, Uruguay
“Best "executive lunch in the city"”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This Italian style restaurant serves excellent meal of the day menues for only $230 (pesos), normally consist of a starter, main meal, pudding and a glass of wine.

• Visited November 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Coffee and desert!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We went for coffee and desert after having had our fill of meat at the Pulperia across the street. We had amazing coffee, great desert and a wonderful end of evening! Truly enjoyable ; )

Visited November 2013