“Travelling in time!!”

Ranked #2 of 36 Coffee & Tea in Montevideo
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Ciudad Vieja
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This special cafe will remain you to Montevideo in its 40s or 50s. It´s a pearl in the middle of the down town area with great coffee and very nice atmosphere ....

1  Thank CMBrovelli

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a very popular spot for lunch - my recommendation is to dress nicely unless you want to stand out as a tourist. This is in the old part of the City / business section. Professional attire is the norm.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

When I sit down to a meal at Cafe Brasilero I usually think "That looks interesting and different." When I eat out I like to get something that I could not do for myself at home so something original is always a great start. I have always found the meals to be of great quality and the service is good too. Not the cheapest in town, usually sets us back about 300 pesos (US$15) per head for a main and a drink but in my view it is well worth it.

At lunch times there is often a wait for a table with people congregating outside while they wait. Guess that is a recommendation in itself.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is a place where you will fell back on time , in busy area of the city you will enjoy a Jam & cheese -croissant sandwich with large coffee,I love mozzarella tomato and basel, They also have a very tasty menu for lunch.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We picked this restaurant based on guide book and other trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. Although it is a daytime restaurant, we thought we would try our luck early evening and had no problem finding a table at 7.30pm. The tenderloin fillet with risotto was perfect as was a vegetarian pasta. Very good service in authentic surroundings. Highly recommended.