“Excellent beef in a good environment”
Review of Garcia

Garcia
Ranked #33 of 1,089 Restaurants in Montevideo
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant specializing in traditional Uruguayan kitchen and grill
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is an excellent place for dining while visiting Montevideo, especially if you stay close to airport are (Carrasco neighborhood). Service is quick, efficient, and willing to give suggestions. The environment is safe and quite nice to walk around in the evening. Food is excelent, especially if your eager for a nice piece of beef or lamb, which I find special at Garcia´s. If your not in the mood for meat, the carte offers a variety of different choices all served to perfection! Try it !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

As you may have already found out, Montevideo is a grilled beef area, just as all Uruguay and Argentina. In this restaurant I had something unexpectedly good: Lamb ribs.Nicely grilled, juicy and tasty. As perfectly dressed local salad completed my main course. Nice dinner altogether, but I keep remembering the nice lamb ribs.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've had dinner here three times now and I can say that in my opinion they have the best premium beef in the city (I've also had dinner in more upscale places like La Perdiz, so I have something to compare it to). It's juicy and so tasty I can't really do it justice. I can only say I recommend it hands down, and that I will make a point of eating there every time I'm in town.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

At Garcia's I think you can go fancy or cheap. We went cheap. BUT it was soooo good. The lamb rack was cooked to perfection, just right.. We ordered chips and mushroom sauce. Yes they were probably tinned but they tasted so good..... I had to laugh about the packet salad dressing comment, they still serve it. Will some local tell them about trip adviser and get them to change to stay up to date with their critics.

Worth a visit and enjoy

Reviewed May 13, 2013

A great place for eating uruguayan beef, among other well prepared dishes. I suggest you to try the baby beef, grilled at uruguayan style, tender selected meat... absolutely delicious!!