“Best kept secret in Montevideo!”
Review of Dueto

Dueto
Ranked #25 of 1,098 Restaurants in Montevideo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ciudad Vieja
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a couple of friends, after being in Montevideo for over three months. I wish I had discovered it earlier. The food was delicious--from appetizers and soups, to main entree and desert. Located in the Ciudad Vieja. It has a cozy atmosphere, and friendly staff. I highly recommend it as I plan to return when back in Uruguay.

1  Thank Nil S

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The place is very charming, good service, and the best meal I`ve ever tasted. It was a shame me and my boyfriend ate the entries first (a very good one, by the way), cause when the main dish was served, we almost couldn`t eat it all, and it was so delicious..! Highly recommend it!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Dueto is one of the finest restaurants in Montevideo, located in the heart of the old city. The building is an old structure originally built as a police station (the underground cells are the toilets now) and later was used for dwelling, artisans’ shops and a tannery before becoming a restaurant, owned by Marcela Besada. Decoration is simple but cozy, the brick walls and ceilings are not plastered and show its age, which makes the atmosphere even more pleasant. As for the food, the choice is varied and the presentations always very delicate. I tried the carpaccio a la bresaola, a fish filet with olive oil and fine herbs, and as dessert I enjoyed the crepes with bananas and dulce de leche ice cream flamed with rum. Very nice. For privacy in group lunchs, the upper floor is great.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I spent two weeks exploring Buenos Aires and Montevideo, and this was by far the best meal of our entire trip. We found most Uruguayan and Argentinian food to be bland and uninspiring, but Dueto was the complete opposite. When we visited, the restaurant had only been open a few months and there were no TripAdvisor reviews. We just stumbled across it a couple steps away from Hotel Palacio.

My wife had filet mignon and I went for the fish. Nice accompaniments and the wine pairings were outstanding as well. The restaurant was uncrowded on a Thursday night and service was excellent. Highly recommended for any visitor to Montevideo.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Loved the surrounds at this restaurant, the service was spot on, the steak was slightly overcooked for my preference but still a nice meal.