I stayed here from 21-27 February 2012. I had the upstairs rotunda room.
About me: I'm in my mid-50s. From the US. I do not look for luxury in any way while traveling. I like inexpensive, clean, safe. I really don't care if my bed is in a small space. In general, I am merely looking for a place where I can sleep comfortably and in peace.
Note that I arrived on the last day of Carnivale and in the middle of the week when there is a music festival/contest at an open-air amphitheater just a block and a half away. (I didn't find that out until many days later.)
The music that first night didn't stop until 1:30 or 2:00 am. It was gorgeous. Melodic. Vocal. Almost like high energy a capella church music or something. Very pleasant to listen to. But I started wondering if I was ever going to be able to go to sleep. Once I knew what to expect (i.e., it wasn't coming from some boorish neighbor), it never bothered me again.
Best things about Una Noche Mas:
* The funky "found" objects hanging all over the place.
* Eduardo's soft music in the common room.
* Free WiFi.
* Lots of "common area." --I spent a couple or three days IN THE HOUSE working. And having that space was a life saver. I couldn't have stayed in my room. It was way too small for that kind of thing. And the room didn't have space, even, for a chair, much less a real desk.
* Overall VERY nice cost/value ratio.
* The cleaning woman will do laundry. US$10 per load in the washing machine. She returns your things to you folded.
* Eduardo (who lives there) and his girlfriend (who comes one or two nights/days a week) are very friendly and helpful. Eduardo graciously offered to take me down to the shopping mall [15 blocks away] my first evening in order to buy some food. . . .
* Eduardo's girlfriend's collection of phallic representations from around the world out on display. I was astonished that anyone would make such a public display. (They are a bit off to the side, in the hallway room between the guest rooms and the front/breakfast/common area, so they don't absolutely jump out and smack you in the face. But if you are halfway observant--and having been made curious by all the other fascinating knick-knacks in the house, you ARE rather encouraged to LOOK for "something else" that may be interesting . . . well, they ARE rather startling! . . . And, as LMMS said, if you have little kids, you may not want them seeing the collection.)
* You really do need to come prepared to pay. Up front. With CASH. (I had forgotten, and had to scramble to complete my payment for six days. Happily, Eduardo was gracious and let me finish paying sometime after I first arrived.)
* I don't particularly watch TV. But I tried the TV in my room. The signal/connection was so bad, it wasn't worth watching. If you're into TV, you will likely be disappointed.
* No place to put any of my clothes. At least not in the room where I stayed. (Maybe other rooms are larger. I don't know.) I had to keep my clothes in my suitcase.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Bed & Breakfast is located in the characteristic neighborhood of Puntas Carretas, just a 5-minute walk from the beach and Parque Rodò. The comfortable spaces and the few rooms guarantee a personalized attention to each of our guests. The guest has a terrace for the summer, and a cozy fireplace for the winter. The internet connection is free and street parking is public. Cozy rooms at Una Noche Más B & B provide air conditioning, smart satellite TV and shared bathroom facilities. We also have a new private room with private bathroom and balcony! We offer you a different experience to a Hotel. Una Noche Más offers a buffet breakfast prepared with fresh ingredients from the area to start the day to the maximum. You can not miss our typical dulce de leche! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HostelWorld and HRS so you can book your Una Noche Mas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.