“A Gastronomic Experience!!!!!”
Review of Tandory

Tandory
Ranked #6 of 948 Restaurants in Montevideo
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Pocitos
Description: Fusion cuisine with European, Latino and Asian influences, one of the most famous Chef in the country. Unique dishes in relaxed and elegant room. Good wine list tables, should be reserved.
Montevideo Department, Uruguay
“A Gastronomic Experience!!!!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The food was delicious!!!
You could taste everything fresh and organic!
The chef in person helped us to choose our meal!
Outstanding service and food!!!
We had a great night!!!

• Visited July 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Montevideo, Uruguay
“A bit disappointing but good nonetheless”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The goods:
- Tablet menus. With easy-to-see pictures, these tablet menus were different!
- Security. The door is always closed, like many others have already mentioned. Somehow it made me feel more cozy!
- Good atmosphere & interior. The restaurant is very quiet, peaceful, and full of beautiful decorations.
- Friendly people. The servers were friendly, which is always nice.

The bads:
- On the pricey side. Yes, I know the others have made it clear that this is a high-end restaurant. I mean, the fact that they use tablets as menus instead of floppy, worn-out cardboard paper clearly proves that. It's good if you're willing to spend money -- bad if you're on a budget.
- Not Indian food. While I do know that this is a fusion restaurant, and some of you may be thinking, "Indian? Where the hell does it say 'Indian'?" But we were told/recommended that this was an Indian-fusion place. As lovers of curry, naan bread, and samosas, we were pretty excited. The results? Nope. Not again.
- Food is so-so. There were a lot of elderly people in the restaurant while we were there. They seemed to be good friends with the chef. I could see that most of them came here often. I wasn't too enthusiastic about the food like they were.

Overall:
We won't go there again. The food was O.K -- I really don't understand all the hype that's behind it -- and everything, overall, was just O.K. I've eaten at better restaurants with better deals (in terms of food quality, waiter service, atmosphere). The food's not enough to make me go back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank AnastasiaDay
lechefBarcelona, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Tandory, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor, following your Tandory culinary experience.

The Tandory staff was very thrilled to read you appreciated its attentive service and our decorations room.
About the cost, the price has a 18% discount if you pay with credit cards from another country, you will note it in your credit card bill.
However, our prestigious Chef Gabriel Coquel was very disappointed to reed you did not really enjoy his food that you found neither awe inspiring nor particularly innovative.

There are many different options on our menu, and there should have been a selection that would have better suited you. Our Chef’s customers ‘delight and well-being are essential, but let us remind that for a correct assessment would be good to give us another chance.
We hope to see you soon and let us know about your favorite flavors.

Laura RRPP
Houston
“Outstanding”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I will simply state, a truly amazing dining experience. The food is not merely the best I've had in Uruguay, it is amongst the best I've had anywhere. The service was top notch, the servers treated us like family. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Uruguay.

• Visited July 2014
“Very Good!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

The place is very cute, tablet menu with pictures! The door is always closed and guests have to bell to get inside. Food is so good that I am going back soon.

Seattle, Washington
“A magnificent experience”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

A local sommelier recommended this restaurant to us and we cant thank him enough.
And amazing experience with one of the best meals Ive had in my life.
Gracias Gabriel! for the great service and amazing food, Tandory is without a question the best restaurant in Montevideo

My advice, let chef Gabriel Coquel (ower) pick the food and wine for you. everything is simply unbelievable.

Visited May 2014