“Best food in Montevideo”
Review of Tandory

Tandory
Ranked #6 of 1,004 Restaurants in Montevideo
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pocitos
Description: Fusion cuisine with European, Latino and Asian influences, one of the most famous Chef in the country. Unique dishes in relaxed and elegant room. Good wine list tables, should be reserved.
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Fusion Pan Asian food, lovely service and ambiance. We enjoy our dishes very much, and we recommend Tandory with no doubts. Excellent!!!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Excelent food, service and ambiance. The food is perfect, looks great, not giants portions so you can enjoy a 3 cours meal without problem.

1  Thank frantaztika
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We always take online recommendations with a grain of salt, so I was a little leery of Tandory - it sounded too good to be true. And with all the videos and promotion on the website, I was expecting some version of a "tourist trap". But my husband insisted we go, and am I glad we did.
The food was a knockout by any standards, the service friendly, relaxed, and helpful. And I think we were the only tourists in the place. The owner waited on us himself and offered to make me a dish that was not on the menu that night - rabbit molé. Wow. The place is intimate and comfortable, and the wines superb. I guess it was pricey, but for the quality of the evening we would have paid much more in the US.
Go!

1  Thank Paironoids
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Truly delicious food: the food quite different in that the chef has traveled to the Near East and India.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

World chef Gabriel takes spice and fusion to another level. He welcomes guests personally and ensures that everything is perfect, even serving dishes to the tables. Wine selection is great, decor is hand-picked by Gabriel from his international travels. My husband loved the rabbit mole. I loved the cod! Samosas are an insane cross between the traditional Indian dish with an empanada twist.

Will go back soon!! TIP: Come when they open or make reservations. It is a really popular restaurant.

2  Thank MeliMelMei