“Good but...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Los Lenos

Los Lenos
Ranked #170 of 923 Restaurants in Montevideo
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centro
Petit Lancy, Switzerland
“Good but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

We went to this famous restaurant. I asked for pork, that was uneatable. It tasted like hormones and plastic. On the contrary, all my colleagues asked meat and they were very happy. Service is very good.

Visited November 2011

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Amelia, Ohio
“Good food, nice ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very good service, good food. Enjoyable evening. A variey of meats from varoius areas as well as the standard steaks.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Not great price / quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

I ate here because a friend had the best meal ever in Brazas which I think was located here before (although I am still not sure). I ordered a bife de lomo and asked if they could cook it a bit shorter than medium as I know that is how the locals like it. Still it came as what I would call medium which was unfortunate. The meat was good though.

Besides a salad bar they do not offer many vegetables, except for a grilled pepper. Maybe that is the way they do it, but I would have preferred if they had taken out the seeds, it would have saved me some work.

The service was not very friendly, and I do not think they appreciated my lack of Spanish speaking ability. I don't think any of the staff spoke English, which I find surprising for a restaurant that also caters to tourists. I was there on a Sunday and it was not particularly busy.

I have had much better meat diners in Buenos Aires and expect that there might be some better ones in Montevideo as well, probably at a lower price.

• Visited April 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sebbie33
Toronto, Canada
“Great choice in Montevideo - steaks are excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

The atmosphere was great and the steaks were wonderful! We also thought the service was top-notch. From start to finish the server's recommendations (wine, starters, dessert, mains) were fabulous.

The atmosphere was pleasant - lots of families, colleagues, and couples. In short, this would be a great place to dine for anyone.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank prodigalfun
London, United Kingdom
“Perhaps the best steak ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

I visited this restaurant, primarily because it was close to Plaza Independencia, near my hotel. It is a casual parilla with and open plan barbeque. I was really impressed with the very high quality food, the very friendly service and would highly recommend here. I had filletto de lomo with barbequed potatoes (with four cheese sauce) and barbequed red pepper - absolutely delicious. I opted for dessert too - local Montevideo pears poached in Uruaguayan Tannat wine - outstanding too. I will be returning before I leave Montevideo as my experience was so good!

• Visited January 2011