“Tried it several times- each time disappoints”
Review of Ruffino

Ruffino
Ranked #56 of 1,071 Restaurants in Montevideo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've tried to give Ruffino's a chance about three times and each time the food disappoints. Recently took a friend there for dinner. The bottle of Tannato they suggested was excellent and affordable. My friend ordered the wok dish which she said was average. I ordered the salmon sorrentino dish which was ok, but too salty. As others have said, the service can be spotty. Nothing to go out of the way for. The other times I tried their pizza which was also average tasting and overpriced.

1  Thank Lietzel

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I went there for a Birthday so I tried pasta and it was awesome, and I went with friends one more time and we tried pizza and it was great too!

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We loved our dinner at ruffino in Montevideo. Each of us ordered a pasta dish, and then we split a bottle of white wine. The pasta bowls look small when they are served but then you realize why: made from fresh pasta and slathered in sauce, this is very rich, very filling food. I had the ravioli in a pink sauce, stuffed with a mixture of herbs and beef, and my fiancé had a ham, garlic, and tomato fettucine. Fresh grated Parmesan was served on the side, as was a bread basket and butter mixed with parsley. We shared tiramisu for dessert, which usually I do not like , but here it was fabulous and I loved it. The meal was fun and delicious, albeit a little pricey, but well worth it. We left stuffed to the gills!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Ruffino is a nice italian restaurant in downtown Montevideo. I ate there twice, one in 2011 and one in 2012, and both times I had a good time and food. The dish is plenty like a good italian restaurant should be. I ate the fish catch of the day (pescado del dia), always nice. They also serve nice wines. The desserts are good too. Ruffino is not an upscale or fancy restaurant, but has great food. The prices are ok.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Dark interior, very unsatisfying food, and so-so service. Not much else in this part of town, but try to avoid if you can.

1  Thank ArtProperty