“Lovely hotel and gardens.”

Sonesta Posadas del Inca Yucay
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yucay
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel and gardens.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed here with our group for two nights but our first night was spoilt by the noisy neighbours upstairs. I think they must have had hob nailed boots on and continued to clump around the room until we banged on our ceiling. Thankfully they checked out the next morning and the second night was peaceful, as you would expect in such lovely surroundings.
This hotel is beautifully laid out and the gardens are superb with little bridges and fountains which are always filled with colourful flowers. The food was very good and the rooms were pristine and comfortable. Just make sure you book an upstairs room and remember your downstairs neighbours. To be recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
QAM-Yucay, General Manager at Sonesta Posadas del Inca Yucay, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear guest;

Greetings from all the Sonesta Posadas del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay. We would like to thank your preference and your visit. We are really sorry for the issue we maight caused you regarding the noises the guest in the upper floor were doing in your first night with us. If you would report this we would be our pleasure to do something about it or change you to another room that way you could rest better. We appreciate your comments this permit us to improve and avoid this type of inconvenients for the future. We are glad that you have enjoyed the service and the food in our Hotel. We are always very happy to help you and to try to make your stay memorable. All the best for you and we hope this is not the last time you visit us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This Hotel was amazing. Beautiful Spanish architecture set in the most lovely gardens complete with small Chapel. We came here with our group for a buffet lunch, and were delighted to find that we were staying . We had 3 fantastic days here and didn`t want to leave. Staff, facilities food---all excellent. We had a lovely apartment on the ground floor, with Alpacas and Lamas grazing outside our windows. Only one grumble---hated being given an I-Pad whilst still dining at our table every night, for our comments. Spoilt our meal and, yes, we did tell them. Shame though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
QAM-Yucay, General Manager at Sonesta Posadas del Inca Yucay, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear guest;

We are very happy to know you have a great stayed with us. I would like to thank your preference and the time to leave us your opinion, that are very important to us. We are deeply sorry regarding the surveys you have been asked for in our restaurant. It never was our intention to bother you or spoilt your meals. I am taking these suggestions as a opportunity to improve.

As a valued customer, you are of the upmost importance to us. All the best for you, please if you have any question, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a 2 day stay
The monks knew how to look after themselves
The surroundind sacred valley is breath taking
Staff could not do more to make our stay very memorable
The view from our second floor room towards the chappel was beautifull as was our breakfasts

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Lynpj
Dear guest;

Greetings from all the Sonesta Posadas del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay. I would like to thank you for the time to write us and letting us know about your opinion that is very important to us. My staff and I are really greatful for your kind comments, this motive us to keep doing the best for you.

All of you are very special for us, that is why we are always looking for memorable stay to you. I hope we have the opportunity to have you here again very soon.

Honolulu
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Helpful staff, lovely room and beautiful grounds around the hotel. Enjoyable meals, excellent breakfast omelette made fresh. We especially enjoyed having Pisco Sours while being entertained in the lobby by a local musician.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest;

Greetings from all the Sonesta Posadas del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay. We are very happy to know you have enjoyed your stay in our Hotel. It is very important to us to know your opinion about our services because it helps us to improve to provide you a better service in the future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed two nights on my own as part of a South American Tour before visiting Macchu Picchu.
I loved this hotel as very peaceful with very pretty gardens (I am a keen gardener). Lovely room, second floor with llamas/alpacas under my bathroom window. Lovely seating in garden, where I enjoyed a beer before walking through flower and vegetable gardens before relaxing on sunbed on top lawn looking out over the hotel and mountains. Good food, though thought wine expensive, nice restaurant with outside seating area overlooking chapel. Very relaxing hotel.

Room Tip: Probably first floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

All the Sonesta Posadas del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay would like to thank your preference. My staff and i are very happy to know that you have enjoyed very much your stay in our beautiful Hotel. Regarding the wine prices, i am going to be talking with the Maitre to check them again. Once again we thank you kind comments and your visit. We hope to have you here very soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you have any question.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We only had the pleasure of staying only one night in this beautiful hotel. The room we had was a really spacious and comfy room, I can not comment if it was a standard room.

The grounds of the hotel are perfect for roaming around at night: with a little coffee bar tucked into the corner along side a nice little gift shop. Don't forget to take a peek into the the little church by the restaurant, and you might also find some souvenirs that are being hawked in this little plaza area by locals. We really enjoyed the hotel lobby bar and the lovely comfy chairs that open to the outdoors crisp air. We spent a good part of the in the evening reconnecting with people we had met along the way at other hotels. (we followed many of the same people from place to place during our 23 days in Peru)

The wifi worked perfect in our room, the breakfast bar in the morning was fabulous. I can't say what the food was at dinner, as our guide took us for a fabulous lunch at another resort, so we were still quite full from our late lunch.

The staff was excellent, and check in was fast and efficient with a free welcome drink at the bar.

Don't hesitate to stay here...it's one of the better hotels in Peru!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest;

Greetings from all the Sonesta Posadas del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay, We would like to thank your preference and the great comments you have left us. It is very nice of you!. We are very happy to know that you loved your stay with us. It always be our pleasure to serve you and give you the best. Our daily goals is to make you stay memorable. We hope we can have the opportunity to see you again.

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,047 helpful votes
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Id give 5 if the cook was fantastic. but the food was just so so here. My perspective has change again after spending nights in here. seeing the locals and how the life of them go pass by. I was a village girl as well when I was a kid. but my village was harsh, and here from what I see, the life was so simple.

The hotel was amazing. really. This is my highlight of august holiday! I do not know where to start but I never seen so much mosquitos in my life. like zillion of it. but they did not bite me.

I was actually planning to stay in this particular hotel with lama. because I never played with lama before, and the hotels was full, and my agents recommend me this hotel and he know this hotel so well. and bet what, this hotel has lama too!! I end up playing with the lama and fed the lama, took lots of photo with it as well.

apparently the next room was noisy and I understand because they have kids. my suggestion is asked for second floor, I think its less noisier than the first floor.
I walk along the alley in the sunset, it was beautiful to see the locals with her lambs and there is a dog chasing the lambs home. and cows walk behind the owner to follow him home. I walk so far to the end. the locals was nice, they look smile "buenas"and back to their activity.

The hotel staff was amazing as well. the hotel was beautiful I get lucky to see alot of flower blooms. and I wish they sells the incan chess in the hotels market.

the chapel was beautiful, everything is beautiful here. but the food was just so so.

I posted my photos in this hotel and show it to my sister, and she was like "oohhh myy gooddd so beautiifuullll"

Room Tip: ask for the second floor room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank beautifulmatters
Dear guest,

All the Sonesta Posadas del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay would like to thank your preference. I am very glad to know you liked so much our Hotel. We feel very happy for your kind comments. We are always working for memorable stay for you, our guest. That is why your opinion is very important; i am going to report all your suggestions to my superiors in order to take them as opportunities to improve in the future. We will be very happy if you or your family can visit us. Please let us know if they are to treat them like they deserve. All the best for you and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth Calotto O.
General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yucay
Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Hotel La Casona De Yucay Valle Sagrado
Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness
Casa Andina Premium Valle Sagrado Hotel & Villas
Inti Nan Hotel
Inti Nan Hotel
#6 of 26 in Urubamba
Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux

Been to Sonesta Posadas del Inca Yucay? Share your experiences!