“Beautiful, peaceful surroundings.”

Sonesta Posadas del Inca Yucay
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yucay
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Helpful staff, lovely room and beautiful grounds around the hotel. Enjoyable meals, excellent breakfast omelette made fresh. We especially enjoyed having Pisco Sours while being entertained in the lobby by a local musician.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
QAM-Yucay, General Manager at Sonesta Posadas del Inca Yucay, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear guest;

Greetings from all the Sonesta Posadas del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay. We are very happy to know you have enjoyed your stay in our Hotel. It is very important to us to know your opinion about our services because it helps us to improve to provide you a better service in the future.

As a valued customer, you are of the upmost importance to us. All the best for you, please if you have any question, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed two nights on my own as part of a South American Tour before visiting Macchu Picchu.
I loved this hotel as very peaceful with very pretty gardens (I am a keen gardener). Lovely room, second floor with llamas/alpacas under my bathroom window. Lovely seating in garden, where I enjoyed a beer before walking through flower and vegetable gardens before relaxing on sunbed on top lawn looking out over the hotel and mountains. Good food, though thought wine expensive, nice restaurant with outside seating area overlooking chapel. Very relaxing hotel.

Room Tip: Probably first floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear guest,

All the Sonesta Posadas del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay would like to thank your preference. My staff and i are very happy to know that you have enjoyed very much your stay in our beautiful Hotel. Regarding the wine prices, i am going to be talking with the Maitre to check them again. Once again we thank you kind comments and your visit. We hope to have you here very soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you have any question.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We only had the pleasure of staying only one night in this beautiful hotel. The room we had was a really spacious and comfy room, I can not comment if it was a standard room.

The grounds of the hotel are perfect for roaming around at night: with a little coffee bar tucked into the corner along side a nice little gift shop. Don't forget to take a peek into the the little church by the restaurant, and you might also find some souvenirs that are being hawked in this little plaza area by locals. We really enjoyed the hotel lobby bar and the lovely comfy chairs that open to the outdoors crisp air. We spent a good part of the in the evening reconnecting with people we had met along the way at other hotels. (we followed many of the same people from place to place during our 23 days in Peru)

The wifi worked perfect in our room, the breakfast bar in the morning was fabulous. I can't say what the food was at dinner, as our guide took us for a fabulous lunch at another resort, so we were still quite full from our late lunch.

The staff was excellent, and check in was fast and efficient with a free welcome drink at the bar.

Don't hesitate to stay here...it's one of the better hotels in Peru!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest;

Greetings from all the Sonesta Posadas del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay, We would like to thank your preference and the great comments you have left us. It is very nice of you!. We are very happy to know that you loved your stay with us. It always be our pleasure to serve you and give you the best. Our daily goals is to make you stay memorable. We hope we can have the opportunity to see you again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Id give 5 if the cook was fantastic. but the food was just so so here. My perspective has change again after spending nights in here. seeing the locals and how the life of them go pass by. I was a village girl as well when I was a kid. but my village was harsh, and here from what I see, the life was so simple.

The hotel was amazing. really. This is my highlight of august holiday! I do not know where to start but I never seen so much mosquitos in my life. like zillion of it. but they did not bite me.

I was actually planning to stay in this particular hotel with lama. because I never played with lama before, and the hotels was full, and my agents recommend me this hotel and he know this hotel so well. and bet what, this hotel has lama too!! I end up playing with the lama and fed the lama, took lots of photo with it as well.

apparently the next room was noisy and I understand because they have kids. my suggestion is asked for second floor, I think its less noisier than the first floor.
I walk along the alley in the sunset, it was beautiful to see the locals with her lambs and there is a dog chasing the lambs home. and cows walk behind the owner to follow him home. I walk so far to the end. the locals was nice, they look smile "buenas"and back to their activity.

The hotel staff was amazing as well. the hotel was beautiful I get lucky to see alot of flower blooms. and I wish they sells the incan chess in the hotels market.

the chapel was beautiful, everything is beautiful here. but the food was just so so.

I posted my photos in this hotel and show it to my sister, and she was like "oohhh myy gooddd so beautiifuullll"

Room Tip: ask for the second floor room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank beautifulmatters

Dear guest,

All the Sonesta Posadas del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay would like to thank your preference. I am very glad to know you liked so much our Hotel. We feel very happy for your kind comments. We are always working for memorable stay for you, our guest. That is why your opinion is very important; i am going to report all your suggestions to my superiors in order to take them as opportunities to improve in the future. We will be very happy if you or your family can visit us. Please let us know if they are to treat them like they deserve. All the best for you and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth Calotto O.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We spent two nights at this hotel before going to Machu Picchu. We stayed there with my wife and 3 kids in to rooms. The rooms were nicely furnished, and the beds were very good. The staff was very accommodating and helpful in changing our rooms so we could be next to our children. Our rooms were very quiet.

The breakfast buffet was good with all the typical things expected, eggs, omelettes to order, pancakes, different types of breads, fruits, juices.

The hotel was able to arrange our pickup at Cusco airport, our travel to Orabamba and the transfer of our suitcases to our Cusco hotel when we went to Machu Picchu. We also had a great whitewater rafting day trip one of the days at this hotel.

The hotel has free wifi which works well in the lobby, but so so in the rooms.

I would recommend this hotel as a great place to start your tour of the Sacred Valley.

Room Tip: Most rooms are very good, just stay away from the entertainment room which could get a bit noisy, bu...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
QAM-Yucay, General Manager at Sonesta Posadas del Inca Yucay, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear guest;

All the Sonesta Posadas del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay would like to thank your preference. We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is our pleasure to serve you and we are going to do our best effort to make your stay memorable. I hope you and your family can visit us soon. All the best for you and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while doing a Trafalgar tour package of Peru. It's a former monastery that has been converted into a lovely hotel, with breathtaking views of the mountains of Sacred Valley, just an hour or so from Machu Picchu. The rooms are spacious, with comfortable beds and large bathrooms. The breakfast buffet is extensive, including local items, and it was great being able to eat outside and take in the wonderful views. WiFi is available, though the service is rather spotty unless you are in the lobby. But the lobby is a nice place to relax, and be entertained by local musicians.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Greetings from all the Sonesta Posadas del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay. I would like to thank your preference and your kind comments about your experience in our Hotel. We are very glad to know that you have enjoyed with us; this motivate our staff to keep working to offer you the best. Regarding the internet conection, we are working on improve it installing new antennas. All the best for you and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We spent two excellent nights here. The standard double room was extremely comfortable and the staff, who were always friendly and cooperative, went out of their way to be of assistance. The reception and restaurant staff spoke good english so there was never any communication problems. The hotel is a very attractive set in a peaceful and pleasant setting. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
QAM-Yucay, General Manager at Sonesta Posadas del Inca Yucay, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear guest,

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is our culture to do whatever takes us to make you happy. I am going to let my staff know that you are thankful; this motivate us to give you always the best. We hope you visit us very soon to spend great moments with you.

General Managel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yucay
Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado
Hotel La Casona De Yucay Valle Sagrado
Casa Andina Premium Valle Sagrado Hotel & Villas
Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness
Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux
Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado
Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado
#2 of 29 in Urubamba

Been to Sonesta Posadas del Inca Yucay? Share your experiences!