“Ananau hidden pearl”

Ananau Restaurante
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Yucay
Cuisines: Peruvian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lunch and dinner, Peruvian food, homemade pastas, pizzas, vegetarian, comtemporanea, desserts, pit fire, Homestay
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Unexpected oasis in a rather ordinary town in Sacred Valley. Tranquil garden setting, outlook from timber and glass cafe across garden. Staff happy to explain meals, flavours subtle yet interesting to the palate. Found cafe by chance, when walking down street. Poor signage, located about 150 mts down from Sonesta Posada Del Inka (hotel/resort). Waiter, Dante, excellent English, very good communicator. Prices very reasonable soup approx. $8, mains from $15.

1  Thank Ketik05

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Located behind the Plaza de Armas in the town of Yucay, I was surprised to find an upscale, discreet and inviting restaurant. Apart from great service and a warm and welcoming enviroment, they offer a varied menu of mostly local dishes and delicious homemade desserts. On my first visit I had a great pizza made in their wood burning oven that I highly recommend to any pizza lover. On my second visit I tried their flagship dish which is the Solomillo A Las Tres Pimientas. It consisted of a perfectly cooked beef tenderloin on three pepper sauce, accompanied by mushroom and zucchini risotto. It was one of the better plates that I tried on my entire visit to Peru. Anyone who is staying in the Yucay-Urubamba area and is looking for great food and service with just the right touch of class should go to Añañau. An A-plus in my book.

1  Thank Davis M
Reviewed September 27, 2012

If you are into gourmet type dining experiences this is for you!
The servings are not large but adequate for most appetites. The lomo saltaldo was truly outstanding. The dessert was a mango custard. The service was exceptional.

1  Thank Paula C
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is the third time we come to this restaurant and have always loved it.
If you go for lunch, you will have a magnificent view of the mountains in your surrounding.
Food is very varied and delicious. I had the Lomo Saltado and loved it. We a
So shared a pizza which was great and the desserts are wonderful.A daily S/.25 menu is also offered. Service is very good and the owner is always in attendance checking that every thing is going well.

1  Thank xochitl
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We visited the restaurant on the 28th July after reading the reviews on trip advisor.I must say I was very disapointed. The restaurant is situated in avert large conservatory type building and it was very cold. No heaters were visible and the door was constantly being left open. The service was not great, I ordered a chicken dish and my son ordered a pizza, I got my meal in about 15 minutes and then 10 minutes later I was informed that there had been a mix up with my sons pizza and someone else had got the pizza. Eventually my son got his pizza but before he had finished eating we were presented with the bill without being asked if I wanted a dessert or coffee because a large group of locals were waiting for our table.

3  Thank 26Andrea