“Wonderful, Magical B&B”
Review of Hosteria Rumichaca

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Urubamba
Hosteria Rumichaca
Salt Lake
“Wonderful, Magical B&B”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Hosteria Rumichaca was recommended to me by friends who have traveled extensively all around the world. They told me Jose and Irene were the best hosts they have ever encountered in all their travels and I agree! My cousin and I had never been to Peru so we knew nothing other than that we wanted to explore and of course go to Machu Picchu. Jose took care of all our travel arrangements including transportation to/from the airport, a day guide in Cuzco upon arrival, and our four day trek to Machu Picchu all at a great, affordable price. The B&B is adorable and felt like a retreat in itself and the breakfasts and dinners that Irene cooked were delicious. It was the perfect home base for exploring the Sacred Valley and they even let us keep our things in our room while we were away on our trek. We truly felt special and very well taken care of at Hosteria Rumichaca.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jasmine B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lima, Peru
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Great place, very quiet and beautiful. The staff is super friendly and they make you feel right at home. The owners "Jose and Irene" are great!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BoricuaPonce
MSP USA
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Our group of 9 spent 5 days touring Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu much of the time staying at Hosteria Rumichaca, hosted by Jose and Irene. They and their staff hospitality was outstanding. I highly recommend that you have Jose make your touring arrangements in Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. His attention to detail was very good.

We had all the rooms at the Hosteria and the staff made it feel like home for our group. What a great place. The rooms were huge, well appointed. the bathrooms were spacious. The decor of the house was beautiful.

We had both breakfasts and dinners at H. Rumichaca and the food was outstanding. Irene's menus were some of the best food we had during out 1 month trip to Ecuador and Peru. Also drinking pisco sours, talking to Jose, while sitting around the fireplace was memorable experience for all.

Hosteria Rumichaca accommodations, meals and travel arrangements by Jose while not inexpensive are will worth it. I would highly recommend all of these when you visit Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank MNBadger
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This was my first trip to Peru after traveling to many locations worldwide and staying in lots of nice B&Bs and Hotels...none have been as special as this one. The hosts -- Irene & Jose (they are what hospitality is all about and they truly love providing it to their guests); the house --my room had a sky light where I could sleep under the full moon; the home cooked meals; the Pisco Sours; the fireplace and warm conversations; the other wonderful guests; the complete ability to show up to organized tours --cars with drivers and guides and attention to detail and care of guests is beyond compare to anywhere I've stayed around the world. It's one of THE BEST TIMES I'VE EVER HAD!!! Thank you so much Irene and Jose...and for anyone headed to the Sacred Valley/Machu Picchu area look no further!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Sherry H
California
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I initially contacted Jose to help plan my itinerary for my family's two week trip through Peru. He coordinated several of the hotels, tours and airport pickups. I never felt pressure to stay at the Hosteria Rumichaca but wanted to stay there based on a friend's recommendation and all the great reveiws. Staying here was one of the highlights of our trip. Jose and Irene are wonderful hosts and the food was delicious. Our two night stay included breakfast, lunch and dinner. My teenage daughter is a picky eater but she tried everything and ended up enjoying it all. It was very peaceful and a nice balance to all the hotels we were staying at. We were able to enjoy the beautiful gardens and the dogs.

Whether you decide to stay here or not, please use Jose for his tour services. The tours he booked us worked out perfectly and all our pickups went flawlessly. We also changed our minds on some things during the trip (i.e. extra day in Colca Canyon due to altitude sickness, cancelling a scheduled tour) and Jose made the changes quickly and efficiently. It was so nice to just deal with one person.

Everyone at Hosteria Rumichaca was wonderful - Thank you so much Jose and Irene!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank spikeandrocky
Regina, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2010

I along with a group of co-workers stayed at Hosteria Rumichaca for three nights in November while on a volunteer trip to Peru.

The house is beautiful and the staff very attentive. We were lucky enough to have the entire place to ourselves and enjoyed being able to unwind in the living room at the end of some very long days!

Breakfast was made to order in the large bright kitchen and was wonderful. The grounds at the lodge are beautiful and ver relaxing!

The only slight issue with the lodge is the location. I loved the quiet location however cab drivers seemed to have a hard time finding it as it is well off a main road!

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank Cheryl K
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Jose and Irene treat you like familly. Jose took care of us from the time we booked our trip to the early morning goodbyes as we left. We were in close contact with Jose as he scheduled our tours. He answered all our questions promptlly and I could not have asked for a more detailed itinerary.
The hosteria is in the heart of the Sacred Valley and an excellent place to stay as a jumping off point to see the area. Jose set us up with our tour guide Ronnie, who spoke perfect english and was interesting and informative. He was eager to help us see all the sights we wanted and easliy changed plans when we wanted to do other things.
The food was outstanding. Irene should give cooking classes. We did not go hungry at all. All of our food, and drink (including soda, beer, wine, Piscos) were included in the cost of our stay. The children enjoyed playing with the dogs, birds, and turtle. On our last night Jose fired up the pizza oven and he and Irene made a farewell meal of pizza, calzones and pork loin.
The attention to detail was that of a five star hotel. I will recommend this hosteria to all of our friends and family who visit the Sacred Valley. I know they will be in good hands with Jose, Irene and their staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family