We just returned from Peru, and really enjoyed our stay at Tambo del Inka. We chose the hotel due to the train station on property to travel to Machu Picchu, and that was a great decision. The train station is located on one side of the grounds, and was extremely convenient for our one day trip to MP. The hotel was beautiful, and the service was excellent, especially from the concierge. The hotel was fairly empty, other than one corporate group, so we were given an upgrade to a junior suite. The room was absolutely wonderful. We had a couples massage at the spa, which couldn't have been any better. Why only 4 stars? We had a very similar impression to Fizzmopper's review. There were certain little things that were irksome. We were so excited, after hiking MP all day, to sit in the hot tub at the beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, but were told that the hot tubs were not accessible to us - only for spa (which we had done the day before) and a women only hot tub. WHY???? These were out in the open, one level down and visible from the pool area. During our 48 hours at the hotel, I never saw a single person sitting in these two hot tubs. What a waste! The food at the hotel was OK. We had one lunch and one breakfast at the hotel. Near the end of our breakfast, I received a work call so I walked out onto the patio to take the call. The waiter refused to give the bill to my wife until I had returned, which appeared to be purely chauvinistic (this did not go over well with my wife!). Overall, this is a great resort with a lot to offer guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado is a hotel in Sacred Valley, Peru that invites visitors to experience a warm and welcoming atmosphere, along with adventure tourism experiences nearby including historical and cultural tours of the vestiges of the Incan Empire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel Urubamba
- Tambo Del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado Peru/Urubamba, Sacred Valley