I really liked this hotel. It is a beautiful hotel and is on the banks of the Urubamba river. We stayed in the standard room which was quite large with a walk in closet and large bathroom. Our room overlooked the river. We stayed 4 nights as part of a 2 1/2 week trip and used it as a base for day trips to sites in the Sacred Valley. We started out a this lower elevation before moving on to Machu Picchu and Cusco. It really is a beautiful hotel and good service. The food was fine, no complaints but not sure a real standout although we only really had one dinner in the hotel restaurant. The breakfast were included in our rates and it was a nice buffet. The one quibble was the turn down service. It was actually very nice but we didn't know until the last night because the person would come just as we were about to leave for dinner. We said to come back in a minute but he didn't. Other nights we notified house keeping we would be out so to do the turn down service and this never happened until the last night. pity.
In any case we enjoyed our time at this hotel and under the same circumstances would return and would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tambo del Inka is a part of Starwoods Hotel and Resort. Guests staying here may be eligible to use their Starwood Prefered Guest (SPG) points according to what is stated on their webpage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel Urubamba
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Peru/Urubamba, Sacred Valley