My friends and I (6 total) booked 3 rooms here after our hike to Machu Picchu. Best decision ever! The rooms are large with a tub and shower next to. Enjoy a bath and then shower with two shower heads! Two sinks and separate area for the toilet and bidet. Turn down service is phenomenal. The entire hotel is really relaxing. Enjoy a swim and the jacuzzi (seems only on the female side) and steam room. I got sick and ended up in bed for most of my stay, but glad I had such a comfy bed to stay in. The best part is that you get slippers too.
Town is a short walk and don't expect any supermarkets. Only basic grocery stores and food markets. People in town do not accept USD so make sure you have soles. Try the roasted chicken in town - will be the best you ever eat! We did not eat at the hotel, but my friends went into town to eat the local food which is cheap and pretty good. Questionable hygiene, but none of us got sick from eating in town even though one of our friend had pneumonia.
Food market had great fruits, but felt like some of the vendors gave us outrageous prices (3 soles for 1 clementine?! That's $1 USD for just 1 fruit). Other vendors gave us the local prices (1.5 sole for a huge batch of bananas). Clearly keep away from the vendors who rip you off.
You will not regret staying here. I have friends who planned an inca trail in august and already regret not booking this hotel :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tambo del Inka is a part of Starwoods Hotel and Resort. Guests staying here may be eligible to use their Starwood Prefered Guest (SPG) points according to what is stated on their webpage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel Urubamba
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Peru/Urubamba, Sacred Valley