In our visit to Machu Picchu, the sacred valley, cusco and Lima, The Tambo del Inka was the highlight of the trip.
The warm modern entry was extremely welcoming with a bar that was spectacular. The restaurant was nothing short of spectacular with a giant stone fireplace rising 30' plus above and hanging globes of light filtering through the space with equally tall glass window walls that were fantastic as well.
The food was over the top from the starters all the way through desserts. Every bit of it was fantastic for each of our 4 family members. Nothing but comments of the best food they have had in a long time. The Guinea Pig was fantastic as was the Alpaca and even the lunches were great with both Alpaca and beef burgers.
Saving the best for last, the rooms were once again, over the top. large spacious with wonderful mood lighting, extremely comfortable luxurious feather beds, stereo systems, direct TV, and a very unique modern bath setup with central floating underlie vanities and full height glass dividing walls to the spa/shower on one side and the toilet and bidet room on the other. Extremely well done and that is from an Architects perspective. The rooms also had full height sliding glass walls in natural woods.
I can't say enough good things about it. I saw all the high end hotels and resorts in the valley. None of them had a better location or had the atmosphere of Tambo del Inka.
If your going to the sacred valley, do yourself a favor and stay here. You won't regret it. It was well worth the few dollars more we spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tambo del Inka is a part of Starwoods Hotel and Resort. Guests staying here may be eligible to use their Starwood Prefered Guest (SPG) points according to what is stated on their webpage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel Urubamba
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Peru/Urubamba, Sacred Valley