“Most beautiful Hotel ever!!”

Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Urubamba
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto, Canada
“Most beautiful Hotel ever!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We Were very pleased For having chosen to stay at this luxury hotel. However, since we got a reasonable deal through Expedia, we were also concious of our spending outside of the hotel too. My husband and I are vegetarians, and after our 2nd dinner at the Hawa restaurant we wanted to find more options. When we mentioned this to our waiter, he spoke to the head chef who prepared dishes which were not on the menu. This was great. So don't hesitate to let them know of any dietary restrictions.
Since we like to experience eating at various restaurants we had asked the Concierge (Veronica or Monica) to recommend local restaurants. We really enjoyed going to El Huacatay, but found Tres Carros to be a hole - dirty, poor lighting, and an extremely creaky floor (felt like we were going to fall through the second floor!)

Room Tip: My husband booked our hotel stay on Expedia. We paid close to $300USD per night. I had a spa treat...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Love2travel2294
pmarconi, General Manager at Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Good morning,

Thank you for choosing Tambo del Inka as your turistic destination while in the Sacred Valley!

Really satisfied to realize that your experience in our resort was excellent.

Thank you for your comments on our resort and staff. Sure you did enjoy our Cheff¨s culinary art but also worried about your comment on 3 Keros. Thank you for letting us know about it. We will work on it.

Really hope to have the chance to host you again in time.

Pablo Marconi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is a wonderful oasis on your way to Machu Picchu and probably the best hotel in Peru. The staff is excellent and friendly. The hotel is what you'd expect from the Starwood Luxury collection. The rooms are large, with a separate walk in closet, large bath with stand up shower and separate toilet, dual vanities. The bed is wonderful and the service is excellent, making up our room at any time we requested. The bar was great and the food was excellent. Try the pisco sours (they have many variations) and the little potato balls with cheese were amazing. The breakfast buffet is one of the best, with a full menu of hot items included in the price (60 soles, which is roughly $25 US). The pool looked nice and the hotel is set back in a secluded and private gated area by the Urubamba river. Very serene!
I guess that many wealthy peruvians and other south american's visit this hotel for the weekend.
I would absolutely recommend staying in Urubamba rather than the large city of Cusco...and eat at the restaurant named "3 Keros" which is steps away from the hotel. Amazing!
The train station to Machu Picchu is walking distance from the hotel as well....so perfect set up for this trip!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the river
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jmdidday

Thank you for your preference in Tambo del Inka!

Tottaly happy to see that your experience in Tambo del Inka was gorgeous.

Thank you indeed for your comments on our bar, restaurant, food, staff and resort itself. In fact, is one of the characteristics of being Luxury Collection.

Thank, as well, for your good comments on 3 Keros.

As you mention, there are several peruvian and foreign guests who come to our hotel and they leave very satisfied with our outlets and service.

Thank you indeed for choosing Tambo del Inka as a place to stay in the Sacred Valley.

Warm regards,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 18, 2012

There really is little need for me to talk about how amazing this place is, just thought I'd share my personal story. We arrived at Tambo del Inka after spending a week in the rainforest by Iquito, which basically meant that any type of enclosed structure with a normal amount of humidity would have scored major points. That being said from the moment we arrived, even in our dingy trekking gear, this place did nothing but make us fell at home...cocoa tea at check in, the smells of eucalyptus, a roaring fire... We were always gretted by our names and I felt like the concierge and I were friends based on all of our email correspondences before arrival. I can be a bit of a pain in planning trips, but the concierge always responded to me with a prompt joyful response....they knew me before I even arrived. When my wife became ill, posssibly from altitude not sure, they ofered us a specifal tean to calm the stomach. Just a note on the rooms to.... soooooo spacious, clean and modern and the bathroom is killer...YOU MUST STAY HERE.. best part is or a hotel as amazing as this, I would expect to easily pay 2-3 times what they are charging. It is that good... Oh, if I did have 1 complain it would bethat the Tikarryi office never really confirmed my trip to Macchu Picchu that I booked many months in advance. I had to go to them the night before and straighten things out. I think that is because the office was just getting set up when I booked by trip- I didn't do it directly thorught the hotel website.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank noahrosenblatt
pmarconi, General Manager at Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2012

Thank you for your preference in Tambo del Inka!

Happy to see that did have a great experience while in our magnificent resort.

In fact, all our personnel is training into exceeding all our guests´ expectations.

We are the first hotel in Peru and he second in South America with LEED certification (Lidership in Energy and Environmental Design).

Thank you for bringing to our attention the Tikariy matter. Sorry about this non confirmation. We have already talked to Tikariy personnel and they are working on this matter in order o avoid causing discomfort again in the future.

Hope to see you again in our resort in time.

Pablo Marconi

Thank you indeed for your kind words and comments on our staff and property.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've stayed in luxury hotels before, but this was far and away the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in.

Service and food were top notch. I had a massage which was excellent. They pay attention to all the details and it is quality.

The room was amazing, beautiful bed, living space, closet, bathroom and tub. My only complaint is that the shower leaked into the main bathroom area. But everything else was beyond expectations so I wasn't at all upset.

I could have stayed here for a week, but unfortunately it was only one night after the inca trail and then back to reality..

Good afternoon,

Thank you for choosing Tambo del Inka as your destination while in the Sacred Valley!

Really happy to know that you did enjoy your stay with us.

Thank you for your words and comments on our personnel, food, and property itself.

Glad to see that your did enjoy our Spa therapies as well and really look forward to hosting you again in time.

Our maintenance personnel is working on the bathroom leaking situation. Thank you for your report.

Great Neck, New York
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Tambo del Inka is perhaps the most beautiful hotel we have ever stayed in, from the location on the Urubamba River to the architectural details, the very attentive and friendly staff our 4 nights there were perfect. This is not the usual SPG hotel, it's a very special place that makes your exploration of the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu easy and truly memorable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view of the river!
2 Thank lagirandolona
pmarconi, General Manager at Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 14, 2012

Thank you for your preference in Tambo del Inka!

Really happy to see that you did have a great time while in our resort.

Please let inform you that the hotel design was made by architect Bernardo Fort Brescia and the inside deco was made by Caparra Studio together with some peruvian artesans.

USA
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel with wonderful food and service. I have stayed all over the world in four seasons and Ritz Carlton's, and this is the best! You will not be disappointed. Have the hotel book the train to machu picchu for you. It leaves just outside the hotel. It could not be more convenient. We stayed here two nights before our machu picchu visit and then two nights afterwards. The hotel arranged for airport pick ups and returns. It was an excellent trip of 50 min with lots to see. Special thanks to victor, he makes the best pisco sours in Peru.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are great. I changed to a room closer to the pool and spa on our second st...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
pmarconi, General Manager at Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Good morning,

Thank you for choosing Tambo del Inka as your destination while in the mystical Sacred Valley!

Happy to realize that you had a great experience while in our resort.

Thank you for your sincere words and comments on our staff, service and property itlself. Yes, Victor is great bar tender and makes an excellent Pisco Sour. Thank you!

Respec
Bermuda
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

One of the best hotels I've stayed in. Ever. Here's why

Beautiful. Everywhere had great details. Beautiful woodwork throughout the entire property. Two large stone fireplaces and the colors chosen gave the place a warm and peaceful feeling. High ceilings. Pool was stunning (who cares that it is not a big resort pool like on reviewer complained). I actually spent an entire day just at the pool while my husband was hiking.

Room. Slept like a baby in the bed. Great wooden walk in closet with plenty of hangers, robes and comfy slippers. Lots of space. Couch. Two chairs. Desk. Table. Bathroom had two sinks and a great tub, which we used almost every day.

Food. We actually didn't even go out of the hotel the food was so good. Breakfast was even better than normal for a hotel.

Location. Someone complained about not being able to see the snow mountain from the rooms. So what. You get amazing views of the river and the birds that fly around there all day. And when you use the outdoor part of the pool or walk around you get the peaceful sound of the river.

Spa. My husband loved his massage after a long day of hiking. Said that the layout and decor was better than the spas we have in Bermuda.

Service. This is what made this hotel for me. Every single employee was friendly and helpful. And the interactions didn't feel fake. We got real smiles. When my husband returned from hiking without me one day (I am six months pregnant and didn't go), the doorman was concerned that I was sick and asked my husband how I was doing. That's just an expample but we both felt that the service here was on par, if not better, with the large hotels in Asia.

We spent three nights here and loved every second of it.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank imari96
pmarconi, General Manager at Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 12, 2012

Thank you for your preference in Tambo del Inka!

Really happy to see that your three-day stay in our resort was absolutely great and that your wife and you had an unforgettable experience.

In fact, as you mentioned, our resort is nice and the installations are simply outstanding.

Happy to see that you did enjoy our pool, our food, our SPA therapies, our room and the property itself.

Thank you indeed for all your touchy words and comments on our staff and hotel itslef.

Really look forward to having the chance to hosting you again in time.

Pablo Marconi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urubamba
Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado
Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado
#2 of 25 in Urubamba
Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux
Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness
Belmond Hotel Monasterio
Palacio del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel
JW Marriott El Convento Cusco

Been to Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!