Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado
$62
Orbitz.com
HotelQuickly
2,814 results
All reviewstrain stationwalk in closetthe indoor outdoor poolmachu picchuthe riversacred valleybeautiful hotelperu railaguas calientesbreakfast buffethigh ceilingsnicest hoteltour companypublic areasrooms are largecusco airportworld class
Reviewed January 28, 2012

The previous reviews say it all. My wife and I, together with our two grandchildren, stayed at Tambo del Inca for 3 nights in late December and were most happy in every way. It's truly spectacular inside and out. Very special. GO!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ChicagoGuide
pmarconi, General Manager at Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Good afternoon Mr. Chicago Guide,

Thank you for your preference in Tambo del Inka!

Really happy to see that you and your family had a great time while in our resort. Hope to have the chance to host you again in time.

At your disposal,

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Staying here now, had they mentioned that the pool was closed I would have never booked three nights or for that matter one.
Most other chains do mention special conditions, but I imagine this one is "special" allthough there breakfast is not. Being a SPG plat. I did not receive a upgrade or any sort of amenity for the pool being closed. I must say though the staff is very nice and most helpfully, and would give them a five. Management however seems to be lacking managing skills.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank mech11
pmarconi, General Manager at Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Good afternoon,

Thank you for choosing Tambo del Inka as your destination while travelling within Cusco, Peru!

Really sorry to hear about the pool situation. In fact, it was under maintenance during that time. Concerned about your discomfort but thank you for your understanding.

On the other hand, we upgrade all our SPG Platinum members unless there is no availability.

Indeep, really hope that you had a great time with us and do look forward to hosting you in time again.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights over the Christmas 2011 holidays- with my family- 2 adults and 2 kids, aged 10 and 5.

The hotel was spectacular. The staff was very attentive.

We were upgraded (I am SPG PLatinum) to a deluxe room with a patio outside. The room was spacious and very clean.

We bought the SPG Kids package where the kids got 3 meals per day for a set price and that meant that we had to stay in the hotel to eat all of our meals. We ate breakfast and dinner in the restaurant and ate our lunches in the bar.

The hotel was full, but the staff still mangaed to be very attentive. Many people conducted day-trips from this location, whereas we tneded to hang around the hotel and enjoy the facilities.

We did walk through the downtown area of Urubamba a couple of times, including on Wednesday (Market Day). It was very interesting.

Food was very good- a little expensive for the neighborhood, but reasonable for a 5-star hotel.

The grounds are nicely kept and comfortable.

We wish we would have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bottom floor with a patio outside.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank 0Canada

Good afternoon,

It is nice to hear comments from guests. Our personnel is always attentive to our guests´needs. Indeed, thank you for your words.

Looking forward to hosting you in time again.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

As a frequent traveler (to more than 20 countries), I can say with confidence that the Tambo del Inka is quite simply one of the best hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. Everything from the *remarkably* luxurious rooms to the professional and friendly staff made every moment of my visit feel special and relaxing.

I booked my stay Tambo del Inka after completing a difficult 5-day trek through the Lares Valley by redeeming some Starwood points. As a long time member of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, I can say that this property has succeeded more than any other in making the SPG status feel like it counts for something. I and my travel partner were given all sorts of special treatment. For example, I had a nightmare busride back to Cuzco from Lake Titicaca and ended up arriving ridiculously later than expected (i.e. about 1.5 hrs late at 3 a.m.!). I phoned the hotel ahead of time from a payphone, already distressed about how I would arrange for a taxi at that hour to make the 30-40min. journey from Cuzco to the hotel, and they had no trouble at all making sure a taxi was there waiting for me, and to my delight it was still there waiting despite our lateness!

When we arrived at the hotel this incredibly high standard of service continued. Our room was immaculate and elegant. The staff were always eager to help, without being intrusive.

If anything, I almost felt like it should have cost more starpoints than it did! My only regret was not staying longer. Should I ever be in Peru, or even South America, again, I would go out of my way to stay at this hotel. 11 out of 10!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank MissMalik

Good afternoon,

It is nice to hear comments from guests who, like you, know what service means. Thank you indeed!

Look forward to hosting you again in time.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

This is one of the five best hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying at, anywhere in the world! Fantastic service, fantastic rooms, fantastic food! We really didn't even plan on staying in the Sacred Valley on our trip to Machu Picchu, but decided we had a couple of days to do so, and would take the train from there rather than from Cuzco. Great decision! The hotel itself was worth the trip! Urumbamba is a cool little town with very friendly people; go check out the market up the street if it is on while you are there. I really can't say enough good about the hotel; it was basically just the perfect stay... with one issue. Loved the food at both the restaurant and the bar! The only issue we had, which has been mentioned in other reviews, was the hot tub area which is for spa guests only, even though it isn't really very separate from the pool area and there is no sign specifying this; we were asked to leave. I hope this issue has now been rectified now as this was really the only negative issue with an otherwise perfect, world-class stay! I would go back to Peru just to stay at this hotel for a week if the opportunity ever presented itself! I just wouldn't use the hot tub area! :) Oh, and a quick shout out to the concierge staff...best in the world! Seriously on it!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JoseVargas100
pmarconi, General Manager at Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your preference in Tambo del Inka!

Really happy to realize that you did have a great experience while in our resort.

In fact, our location in the middle of the Sacred Valley is just wonderful plus our own train station, it really makes de difference.

Thank you for your sincere words on our staff and property itself. We do work into exceeding all our guests´ expectations.

Concerning the whirlpool matter in the SPA, we are looking for the proper solution but thank you indeed for bringing it to our attention.

Looking forward to hosting you again in time.

Respectfully,