“YOU WILL NEVER WANT TO LEAVE THIS ENCHANTED PLACE!”

Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Urubamba
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 6, 2011

My wife and I celebrated our 2nd honeymoon at this hotel. We are SPG Platinum members and never have our expectations been so exceeded. Category 5?....no way…, this hotel is easily a CAT 6 and pushing CAT 7! We can’t wait to go back. We highly recommend the guided tours, spa, bar, and restaurants…especially Spa! It’s a great value! The rooms are unbelievable. Ask for river side. Any floor is good. Listening to the lulling river go by as you sleep while hearing background sounds of Peruvian flute bands and wildlife echoing from the Sacred Valley will make you never want to leave this enchanted place!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 4, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel, no question about it. The on-premises restaurant also has a nice selection of tasty food at reasonable prices. However, I took advantage of the laundry service and the man who gave me my bill at check-out laughed in a mocking way when I was confused about the laundry charges. It ruined my stay to be treated like that.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank makusan42
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed here using Starwood points, and it was amazing! There were a few other guests, but it felt like we had the entire hotel to ourselves. We are Starwood Platinum, so they upgraded us to a junior suite overlooking the Urubamba River. I'm not sure if it was just the junior suite, but our room had a walk-in closet. This is only the second hotel I've stayed in with a walk-in closet. Every detail of this hotel was carefully thought out. We visited the pool a couple times. It's pretty small, but there are also very few guests at this hotel, so it wasn't a problem. It's indoor/outdoor...half inside, half outside with a garage door separating the two sides, so that was kind of cool. The only odd thing about the pool area was that there was no public hot tub. The hot tub had to be "reserved" through the spa or something, and I was under the impression that you had to pay.

The staff was wonderful! Everyone was very friendly and helpful, especially the concierge. One thing we found out from talking to the concierge is that there is a train station onsite. Twice a day, a train arrives, which takes you to/from Aguas Calientes, which is convenient if you don't want to travel to Ollantaytambo to catch the train to Aguas Calientes.

I would say the only downside about this hotel is the location. There isn't much to do in Urubamba, which is why most people stay in Cusco, I guess. It's a good central location if you want to visit the ruins though.

Overall, GREAT hotel. I'd definitely return if I ever go back to Peru.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2011

This was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. Brand new, amazing service, attention to detail. I do have to admit, one of the reasons I think we enjoyed it so much was we were one of 8 rooms occupied so had a lot of staff attention, but even still. Beautiful property and amazing staff! Took care of all our needs.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Tambo del Inka was exactly what the doctor ordered after completing the four day Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu. The hotel is well laid out with beautiful interior decorations and grand public spaces. The rooms are also modern, well appointed and very comfortable. However, I have found that what separates a world class hotel from its brethren is the level of service it provides and Tambo's staff did not disappoint. The concierges were extremely helpful and in general the rest of the staff made you feel extremely welcomed. What's more impressive is that they were helpful in tracking down the tunes playing in the bar even after I had returned home!

The best values IMO were the breakfast buffet (excellent spread as I'm partial to cured meats) and the unique hydrotherapy spa session which was perfect in helping us restore our abilities to walk somewhat normal. While the restaurant and bar have great food, I would make it a point to journey off the grounds and find the Tres Keros restaurant for an wonderful meal (order 1 day ahead if you want cuy!). If there was one area of improvement, I would look to remove the potential bottleneck at check in/out.

Overall an extremely enjoyable and luxurious stay in a beautiful country. I would highly recommend Tambo to any of my friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2011

This resort was amazing in every way. It is brand new, well decorated, and the staff was phenomenal. Reasonably priced rooms and food. Located right on the Urubumba River (though not that beautiful in this area) and the mountains. A short hour drive to Cusco, which can either be in a private care for about $30 USD or a shared car for $2USD. Spa services were delightful, pool and sauna area were gorgeous. Service was impeccable, everyone was so nice and spoke perfect English. Great food with lots of options. Urubumba is a quiet little town, but still a few attractions to see. Tours to surrounding areas are expensive out of the hotel, much cheaper if booked outside through agencies in Cusco. Great place to relax after hiking the Inca Trail!! Easy to access from train from Aguas Calientes, just take it to Ollantaytambo, then take a 15 minute taxi ride to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2011

The money we've spent in Tambo del Inka was really worth it! The staff is so nice, and everybody knows tour name! Breakfast is surreal! Nothing to complain, except the air condicioner of Superior Room that keeps turning on and off all night, so it's a little noisy! Would definetly recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Patricia_MGN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urubamba
Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado
Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado
#2 of 29 in Urubamba
Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux
Casa Andina Premium Valle Sagrado Hotel & Villas
JW Marriott El Convento Cusco
Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness
Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco

Been to Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado

Address: Avenida Ferrocarril S/N | Sacred Valley, Urubamba 84, Peru
Location: Peru > Cusco Region > Sacred Valley > Urubamba
#1 Family Hotel in Urubamba
#1 Business Hotel in Urubamba
#1 Green Hotel in Urubamba
#2 Romantic Hotel in Urubamba
#3 Luxury Hotel in Urubamba
#3 Spa Hotel in Urubamba
Price Range: $246 - $371 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado 5*
Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado is a hotel in Sacred Valley, Peru that invites visitors to experience a warm and welcoming atmosphere, along with adventure tourism experiences nearby including historical and cultural tours of the vestiges of the Incan Empire. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel Urubamba
Tambo Del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado Peru/Urubamba, Sacred Valley