“A VERY SPECIAL PLACE”

Casa Andina Premium Valle Sagrado Hotel & Villas
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Urubamba
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is a very unique property in a very special setting surrounded by mountains and forests. The rooms are spacious and all have wonderful views of lodge style buildings and surrounding area. This is a place to relax before or after visiting Machu Picchu.

Room Tip: Request a room with the best view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I would like to mention about the quality of their staff.
The Maitre D that work over there have made my Trip; his name is José Maria Sanchez Pena! Excelent professional; definetelly an asset to this Hotel. Outstanding Service!
Staff like him made this Hotel keep their 5 stars in Staff!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We travelled to Casa Andina Urubamba to stop over while checking out the saltpans at Salinaras de Maras and the Inca Agricultural lab at Moray. It was well worth the visit because this hotel is quite lovely. Stunning scenery around and in a very ideal location where you're one with nature.
We were so happy to be upgraded to a suite from a room and because of our baby, we were given a baby crib as well as a baby changing mat. It was so thoughtful of them!
The food is quite good but make sure you specify how you like your food done, as in meats and chicken. The hotel had a high chair and they also accommodated our baby food requests. I should say, everything was done to perfection.
The sad thing was that the spa was closed when we got there because we could have used a massage and the fact that there is no swimming pool was also a bit of a disappointment for the price you pay.
Also wi-fi is only available at the reception which is a hassle if you want to use internet in your room.
However, the hotel is lovely and we would recommend it to anyone travelling in that part of the area.
ADVICE : If you don't have your own car, be cautious of using the taxi that the hotel arranges. They fleece you because the hotel takes a cut (which we found to be too expensive). We found (and bargained) a better rate with Virgin Estrella Taxi tours so would highly recommend them and plus they speak a little English which is good.

Room Tip: If you have a baby, make sure you inform the hotel in advance - they provide a good crib with a baby...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The grounds of this hotel are beautiful among the surrounding mountains; defiantly an oasis. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with great views. We were worried about the altitude and altitude sickness, but either the cocoa tea really worked or we were fine to begin with and suffered no effects. The staff here was great as well.
The restaurant had very good food, either by menu ordering or buffet. But the service tended to be a bit slow (not sure if it was the "culture" or just inattentiveness) - lunch took a long time to get (but was very tasty) and drink refills were slow - but if that's all there is to "complain" about, it's pretty good.
Would highly recommend this location - great spot to return to after day trips to the surrounding area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for only 1 evening and wish we could have stayed another night. This hotel nestles in the mountains of the Sacred Valley. Absolutely gorgeous position. But the road leading to the hotel runs through a rather run down village with a dirt road. We had a lovely room over looking the valley. This large room with balcony, comfortable bed. Rustic feel. There is satellite tv but few english channels. But we were so tired we didn't need it, after climbing the golden temple.
The hotel had entertainment in the garden at night..all done on stilts very exciting and exotic.
Food was good with plenty of choice.

Room Tip: This is a double storied building, ask of the top floor...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2014

All the other travellers on my minibus were very jealous when I got off at this hotel. Or should we say 'resort'. As we drove to it, I confess to being a little apprehensive as the streets leading there were a little neglected.

But the hotel is in gorgeous surrounds and the grounds and the view were just amazing. I was sorry I only had one night before heading up to Machu Picchu.

Unfortunately the wifi went out just before I got there and came on only as I was eating breakfast the next day. And while it's good to be 'offline' there was a strike planned that could have (well actually did in the end) impact on my plans and I wanted to look for info on it. There wasn't much I could do though, and so I had a pisco sour in the bar...or maybe more than one. :)

Initially the service in the bar was a bit slow but eventually I got good service and the food and drinks were very tasty, if at resort prices.

My room was large, comfy and the showers were hot. Alpacas roamed the grounds and the lobby area was airy and well lit with comfy couches and quite a nice ambience.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I thought the pictures of this place were so stunning that I asked our tour operator to rearrange our custom tour to include a one night stay here. They happily did so, but I got the impression that they were confused as to why I'd want to do that. . lol. Well I'm so glad we did.

We left Cusco in the morning and started our Sacred Valley tour. After visiting Ollantaytambo, our tour dropped us off here in the afternoon before they started the journey back to Cusco. Make sure you arrive at the hotel during the daytime to really soak in the incredible views and outstanding scenery the place offers. Ollantaytambo is approx. 1.5-2 hours from Cusco. This hotel is about 20-25min from Ollantaytambo. The hotel is in the city of Urubamaba which is part of the Sacred Valley but VERY secluded. It is part of a very small town without any other place for tourists or visitors "to go". It would be a trek to try and leave the property for dinner or for any other reason. We stayed here for one night which was just the right amount of time. It allowed us to sleep in before our morning train from Ollantaytambo and cut down on unnecessary driving from Ollantaytambo to Cusco at night and Cusco to Ollantaytambo again the next morning. I could see you going "stir crazy" if you stayed here for more than one night, unless your intention was to do absolutely nothing- then it would be perfect. The cottages are adorable (only the second floor has a patio), the grounds are immaculately kept, and there are resident alpacas that are very friendly and open to free photo shoots.

There was a large tour group here during our stay and I do think this is the norm at this hotel. Dinner was delicious but looking around the clientele made me feel like I was on a cruise ship if you know what I mean. The dinner had a buffet option in addition to ordering off the menu. The hotel also had a small convenience store selling snacks and toiletries. I found the additional silver and jewelry store to be of very high quality. They had some beautiful pieces for sale and the hotel also had an onsite local artisan selling the normal Sacred Valley goods (llama hats, scarves, sweaters, etc.) each morning and evening. Another unique thing to note was the planetarium. The stars out here are incredible and I would have loved to go to the hotels evening planetarium show. It was overcast the evening of our stay so we were advised that the show wouldn't be too good that evening, but I bet it is stellar on clearer nights. Lastly, I'm not sure the hotel had air or heat, but we didn't need either of them.

This place was a gem and really stood out as somewhere unique and different on our trip. Don't be afraid when you see the one lone billboard telling you to turn off the street as you look around and think "I paid $$$ to stay here?" You will be pleasantly surprised where the road leads you :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urubamba
Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado
Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness
Tierra Viva Valle Sagrado Urubamba
Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado
Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado
#2 of 28 in Urubamba
Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux
Sonesta Posadas del Inca Yucay

Been to Casa Andina Premium Valle Sagrado Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!