“A Wonderful Place”

Casa Andina Premium Valle Sagrado Hotel & Villas
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Urubamba
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I don't know which to brag about first the restaurant, the gardens or the service. Loved the food and the landscaping was absolutely beautiful. The room was lovely and bed comfortable the only thing that I didn't care for was the heating system. The key had to be inserted in a slot near the door or all electric was turned off. With the chilly evenings I would have much prefered coming into at least a slightly warm room. I was afraid to go out to supper as I would have to turn off the heat and the chill had just started going off in the room. Beautiful place though and next time should see if I could get a second key to keep heat on. .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Betty G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,583)

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our tour group spent 3 nights in this hotel. The property is beautifully landscaped, with nice mountain views and has an ambiance of Peru's Incan past. In the lobby area, there is a woman weaving by hand scarfs, mittens, hats, etc. At night, there is an evocative light show with native dancing. In the dining room, guest are entertained with haunting spiritual sounding harp music. The hotel also offers for $10.00 an astronomy session that is quite informative. We got to see Saturn, Saturn's rings and several moons.

As for our room, it was well appointed. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The shower was large with plenty of hot water and good water flow. There was room to store your stuff. The room also had a small balcony affording a nice mountain view.

The food in the restaurant and especially the breakfasts were quite good. In fact, of the various places we went to on our VBT Machu Picchu trip, this hotel had the best breakfasts. Service was superb and the staff is both friendly and helpful. According to my wife, this place had the best pisco sours she sampled (and the sample pool was large!).

My only complaint and this is because we were on a tour is that the property is remotely located. So, your only options for entertainment or food were based in the hotel. As noted previously, the food in the dining room is excellent and the hotel offers a variety of evening programs. Overall, this is a great place to start your Sacred Valley journey as it is close to major Incan attractions.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank snowbliss1
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was really looking forward to this hotel and was mostly pleased. The hotel grounds are breathtaking really...the flowers, the view of the mountain peaks...gorgeous! The hotel rooms we were not so crazy about mostly because of the layout of the cottages. We walked in and the room they gave us was divided into three levels, the first was the living area, the second contained the bathroom and the third was contained the bed and the balcony. When we walked in I decided to look at the living room and instantly slipped and fell. The rugs they placed on the floor were not secured enough and so as soon as I put my foot on it I went down. My husband immediately called the hotel and they sent someone to take care of it who was very nice and efficient. He moved the rugs and wiped down the floor to make them less slipery. The hotel kept calling us to make sure I was okay and didn't need anything further which was very efficient in my opinion. When we went to sleep at night the having to go down to a second level to a bathroom in the middle of the night was awkward and my husband unfortunately fell again because the wood was slippery. So, my critique of this hotel is mainly about the layout of the room (which they probably can't do anything about) and I of course would recommend they don't clean their wood with something that makes it so slippery that a guest can easily fall (by the way I was wearing sneakers when I fell).

Otherwise, the food was decent, the grounds gorgeous and it was a nice pit stop in an area filled with beauty!

Room Tip: Maybe they have rooms with a different layout and if so, I would consider something that doesn't...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vania O
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here as a part of a tour and could not fault the place. The rooms are mostly ajoining cottages with 2.5 levels with lounge on ground floor, bathroom in between and king bed and balcony on the top floor. All rooms seem to have a lovely view and the lobby/bar has a number of lovely areas to sit and sip pisco sours or wine around a fire after a long day of hiking. Robes etc provided and pet alpacas on grounds gave an authentic feel.

Wifi is available in the lobby but I could not access it in the room. This would normally be a major downfall but in this instance it turned out to be a welcome reprieve. The only downside was the plug in our spa bath wasn't working so we couldn't enjoy the room to the full capacity. All in all a little oasis which will make every traveler relax.

2  Thank TravellingAussieD
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights as part of a tour. What a great place to spend a few days. The grounds were beautifully kept, with the resident alpaca "mowing" the grass. Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly.

1  Thank Sweetiedog
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The best hotel award from me goes to casa andina - a charming hotel in uranbamba ! having travelled to almost 20 countries in the course of my travels - this is one place i could not fault despite my being a really picky and critical traveller !! The hotel atmosphere is warm inviting and charming -the staff is cheerful and accommodative. The facilities are far beyond what one would expect !! Quaint cottages amidst flowers with interiors and facilities such as a small private heated pool that would challenge the best !! A planetarium experience awaits all guests. Thoughtful towards the minutest of guest needs the hotel also allows some local people to sell souvenirs at controlled prices so one feels comfortable to buy ! The restaurant offers excellent cuisine and most imp of all children and adults can have a truly marvellous time !! Would certainly stay there again !!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Rekha K
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here for two nights during a tour of the Sacred Valley. It is more like a hacienda than a hotel, with many separate two story buildings and beautiful grounds with lots of flowers. The rooms are not luxurious, but are comfortable. The breakfasts are quite good. The only downside is the dinners, which are buffet style, and are not always renewed promptly.

1  Thank RFSAtlanta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urubamba
Tambo del Inka, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado
Tierra Viva Valle Sagrado Urubamba
10 mi away
Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness
Sonesta Posadas del Inca Yucay

Been to Casa Andina Premium Valle Sagrado Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!