This resort is truly a hidden treasure. I took a trip with my husband and a group of friends in December 2010 right after our wedding. It was a pre-honeymoon thing. Not only was it a ton of fun with our friends but having our own cottage was incredible! We would all get together in the common areas and when we wanted privacy, we would go to our cottage and felt like we were totally alone.
I can't describe how beautiful it is. If you are looking for a huge hotel with a state-of-the-art gym and spa, this is not the place for you. They have spa services but its more of a nature trail kind of place. One of my friends got a massage.. they had a masseuse go to his room, he said it was amazing. This is a beautiful resort with several cottages in a secluded woodsy/garden area. When we pulled up to the hotel we even had doubts but as soon as you pass the gates it really takes your breath away. All of us left feeling so peaceful and well rested. We didn't sleep in or go to bed early, it just makes you feel at peace. We stayed up late both nights we were there. We roasted marshmallows in the fire, had hot chocolate, played drinking games and just had a great time.
The service couldn't be better! They really went above and beyond to make our stay amazing. They offer transportation to everything for a very reasonable price. It is best to set up transportation with them, it is so convenient...they have several sized buses and cars. They recommended the best restaurants and places to visit nearby. They even cooked us a wonderful meal on the day we arrived because we were told to take it easy and relax on the first night because of the altitude. They had a nice breakfast for us every morning. Anything we needed that they might not have, they would go get for us...it really was incredible. They even recommended places for us in Cusco, we stayed in Cusco after we were in Urubamba. They recommended the best restaurants and bars to go to.
Kuychi Rumi was so close to the Peru Rail train station to go to Maccuppichu. I really recommend staying in Urubamba first if you are going to Maccuppichu, it is half the trip from Cusco... way more convenient!
This trip was as incredible because we stayed in Kuychi Rumi and because of the amazing people who worked so hard to make us SO happy! THANK YOU!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted the best hidden gem in South America by Tripadvisor readers in 2006, the six uniquely designed cottages of this original hotel are nestled in the Andes Mountains among lush and colorful gardens that attract many varieties of hummingbirds. The comfortable, cozy Andean casitas come fully equipped including fireplaces and wi-fi. Here you can be sure to receive the best personal attention for your special needs and travel arrangements for all of Peru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kuychi Rumi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuychi Rumi Urubamba
- Kuychi Rumi Hotel Urubamba
- Kuychi Rumi Peru/Urubamba, Sacred Valley