“BREATHTAKING!”
Review of Kuychi Rumi

Kuychi Rumi
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Urubamba
Reviewed February 16, 2011

This resort is truly a hidden treasure. I took a trip with my husband and a group of friends in December 2010 right after our wedding. It was a pre-honeymoon thing. Not only was it a ton of fun with our friends but having our own cottage was incredible! We would all get together in the common areas and when we wanted privacy, we would go to our cottage and felt like we were totally alone.

I can't describe how beautiful it is. If you are looking for a huge hotel with a state-of-the-art gym and spa, this is not the place for you. They have spa services but its more of a nature trail kind of place. One of my friends got a massage.. they had a masseuse go to his room, he said it was amazing. This is a beautiful resort with several cottages in a secluded woodsy/garden area. When we pulled up to the hotel we even had doubts but as soon as you pass the gates it really takes your breath away. All of us left feeling so peaceful and well rested. We didn't sleep in or go to bed early, it just makes you feel at peace. We stayed up late both nights we were there. We roasted marshmallows in the fire, had hot chocolate, played drinking games and just had a great time.

The service couldn't be better! They really went above and beyond to make our stay amazing. They offer transportation to everything for a very reasonable price. It is best to set up transportation with them, it is so convenient...they have several sized buses and cars. They recommended the best restaurants and places to visit nearby. They even cooked us a wonderful meal on the day we arrived because we were told to take it easy and relax on the first night because of the altitude. They had a nice breakfast for us every morning. Anything we needed that they might not have, they would go get for us...it really was incredible. They even recommended places for us in Cusco, we stayed in Cusco after we were in Urubamba. They recommended the best restaurants and bars to go to.

Kuychi Rumi was so close to the Peru Rail train station to go to Maccuppichu. I really recommend staying in Urubamba first if you are going to Maccuppichu, it is half the trip from Cusco... way more convenient!

This trip was as incredible because we stayed in Kuychi Rumi and because of the amazing people who worked so hard to make us SO happy! THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank romih22

Reviewed January 17, 2011

From the street you wouldn't expect much but behind blue gate I was immediately awe struck by this place. The staff was wonderful and so so friendly. They were so accommodating helping us book tickets and giving us great recommendation on place to visit during our stay in the Sacred Valley. The location of this place couldn't be any more convenient. It seems as if we were in the center of all the place we visited. Each cottage was unique and well built with all natural materials from the area. Someone spent a lot of time decorating the place with all cultural decor and modern amenities. I was real happy that we had wiFi that worked! All the cottage were well hidden thru the maze of flowers and the only sounds you could hear were the winds blowing through the trees and birds chirping away. The rooms were very cozy, clean and very well maintained. I love the addition of the fireplace and being able to light it up at night. The breakfast sampler was perfect with sample of fresh fruits, eggs and a variety of goodies. I especially enjoyed the warm fresh bread delivered to our door every morning.

Overall I was extremely impress and would highly recommend K'uychi Rumi to all my friends and family

7  Thank hnlpat
Reviewed January 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Kuychi Rumi for 3 nights in November. What a unique place! We loved our "casita" - 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living area. You definitely get value for your money in my opinion. The grounds are gorgeous, full of trees and flowers - and each casita feels quite private. There are great chairs to lounge in on the front deck, and we enjoyed doing this with a cup of coca tea. Free wifi, always a plus for my husband.
We paid extra for the breakfast each morning, and it was definitely more than we could ever eat! Yogourt, cereals, fresh fruit, ham, cheese, bread, etc. Claudia also offered to make eggs, but we were just never that hungry.
Fantastic staff, including Ursula and Rodrigo who were extremely helpful and friendly. They recommended a couple of restaurants in Urubamba - El Huacatay and Tres Keros. They both exceeded our expectations. We went twice to El Huacatay and had the Lamb Ricotta Ravioli with Chocolate Sauce - around $13. And at Tres Keros, my husband LOVED the lamb in a banana sauce.
We had a driver for the time we were there, Rosalia. She picked us up at the airport in Cusco, drove us to Pisac to see the ruins and the town, then on to Kuychi Rumi. She also drove us to dinner each night in town and then picked us up, and she took us to and from the train station in Ollantaytambo. The rides to and from supper were $5, to the train station was $15, from the train station to Cusco was $40.
As for excursions, we had arranged our own guide to tour one day, doing the salt mines at Maras, Moray, Chinchero and Ollantaytambo. The next day, Urusula arranged for us to go horseback riding through the Sacred Valley. Loved it. 1/2 day for $60.
Bring earplugs! The neighbourhood dogs do bark throughout the night and also every morning a bird would fly into our bedroom window, over and over again, for about an hour! We always travel with earplugs and found them useful in a few places - especially where there are dogs and roosters!
As for the location, you're not really within walking distance of much in Urubamba. I don't know that there was much to see in the town of Urubamba anyways. As I said, we didn't walk to any of the restaurants at night. I wouldn't have wanted to walk at night along the main road - it's quite dark and we had dogs chasing the car quite a few times, so wouldn't want to have those chasing ME! We chose Urubamba to start the vacation because 1) it's at a lower altitude than starting in Cusco, 2) it's quite central to the sites in the Sacred Valley, and 3) because of how awesome Kuychi Rumi sounded! So glad we made this choice.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank cdnabroad
Reviewed January 13, 2011

at Kuychi Rumi you can stay in the most beautiful and cozy houses, the house is surrounded by all types of flowers and overlooking the mountains. The staff is very helpful for planning your stay at Sacred Valley and making it a wonderful experience. It is a very peaceful place and it is located 20 min from Ollantaytambo station, which is the closest train station to go to Machu Pichu.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank NPadilla
Reviewed January 13, 2011

It was wonderful to have a calm and beautiful place to return to after a day of sightseeing. Kuychi Rumi is so beautiful with flowers and birds everywhere. The casa we had was so charming and comfortable with a complete kitchen. The decor is simple but interesting. The staff was willing to do whatever it took to make your stay enjoyable. They even arrange for train tickets to Machu Picchu. Kuychi Rumi is a little bit of heaven on earth!

4  Thank Historygran
Reviewed January 9, 2011

My husband and I and a group of friends had the pleasure of staying at Kuychi Rumi for four days and it was wonderful. The property is quiet, peaceful, and landscaped beautifully with colorful flowers. The houses are all thoughtfully and beautifully designed, and are comfortable and full of the amenities needed, including a fully stocked kitchen, a fireplace, and a garden sitting area.

However, the thing that impressed us the most was the warm and friendly service. The owners and staff of Kuychi Rumi went ouf of their way to make us feel at home, and to help us plan our daily excursions around the Sacred Valley. We had fresh bread delivered to our door every morning, someone to light our fires at night, and even access to an outdoor fire ring for all of us to celebrate New Years eve. The Sacred Valley is a magical place, and you can definitely feel the positive energy at Kuychi Rumi!

4  Thank sshepar1
Reviewed January 8, 2011

I stayed at Kuychi Rumi for several nights and greatly enjoyed my stay. The location was great for further sightseeing in the area - there were many amazing sights like Moray, Macchu Picchu, Ollantaytambo, etc. close enough for day trips.
The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. They spoke excellent English and were able to help me & my friends arrange many fun trips.
The house was very comfortable and clean and I felt right at home in its nice kitchen, comfy bedrooms and the cozy living room with fireplace. The grounds around the houses were beautiful - gorgeous flowers & hummingbirds everywhere - and really gave Kuychi Rumi a very peaceful atmosphere. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

5  Thank SarahBB84