My family (2 adults, 2 tweens, 1 grandma) stayed at K'uychi Rumi for 2 nights during our trip to the Sacred Valley. K'uychi Rumi is a small "complex" of several houses owned by friends. When the owners are not using them, the houses are available for rent. Our house was located near the back of the complex, through very beautiful gardens filled with flowers and hummingbirds. The house has 2 bedrooms. The downstairs bedroom has two double beds. The upstairs bedroom has a king bed and a double bed. There are 2 full bathrooms, a full kitchen, dining area and living room with a fireplace. At night, a fire was lit for us.
Rodrigo, the manager, couldn't have been more helpful answering all of our questions, arranging transportation, contacting tour operators, and giving recommendations. We arrived at K'uychi Rumi on a Tuesday in the late afternoon. Rodrigo recommended Huaratay for dinner which was unbelievable! We left the next morning at dawn for our train to Machu Picchu. The taxi that was arranged for us arrived early. We were able to leave most of our belonging in the house while we went to Machu Picchu for the night. We returned Thursday afternoon and ate dinner at Los 3 Keros -- very good. The next morning we had a delcious breakfast in the common building.
The only downside is that the hotel is located in the middle of nowhere. You must take a taxi to Urumbamba to get dinner and you cannot leave the hotel and just walk around the town -- you are on a busy street and there's really nothing to see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted the best hidden gem in South America by Tripadvisor readers in 2006, the six uniquely designed cottages of this original hotel are nestled in the Andes Mountains among lush and colorful gardens that attract many varieties of hummingbirds. The comfortable, cozy Andean casitas come fully equipped including fireplaces and wi-fi. Here you can be sure to receive the best personal attention for your special needs and travel arrangements for all of Peru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kuychi Rumi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuychi Rumi Urubamba
- Kuychi Rumi Hotel Urubamba
- Kuychi Rumi Peru/Urubamba, Sacred Valley