Kuychi Rumi was one of the highlights of our 2011 trip to Peru.
From the first email contact to the hot coca tea on arrival, Rodrigo and his staff made us feel right at home.
The accommodations were a perfect blend of rustic local vibe and creature comforts. After spending a week in the jungle, it felt like paradise - especially with a fully stocked refrigerator!
The grounds are stunning - the photos on the site don't do it justice.
Rodrigo helped arrange an excellent driver, MP tickets, and train tickets. He and his staff even came to out assistance when my wife fell ill - they arranged for excellent medics to visit our room and made sure we were happy and comfortable. We can't thank them enough.
I would recommend Kuychi Rumi to anyone passing through the area. We never wanted to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted the best hidden gem in South America by Tripadvisor readers in 2006, the six uniquely designed cottages of this original hotel are nestled in the Andes Mountains among lush and colorful gardens that attract many varieties of hummingbirds. The comfortable, cozy Andean casitas come fully equipped including fireplaces and wi-fi. Here you can be sure to receive the best personal attention for your special needs and travel arrangements for all of Peru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Kuychi Rumi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuychi Rumi Urubamba
- Kuychi Rumi Hotel Urubamba
- Kuychi Rumi Peru/Urubamba, Sacred Valley