“Great buffet if you are in a hurry”
Review of Inka's House

Inka's House
Ranked #61 of 81 Restaurants in Urubamba
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Houston
“Great buffet if you are in a hurry”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went to this place during our full day private tour of sacred valley (per David's recommendation). Considering how fast the restaurant service in Peru is (yeah right), its a good place especially if you are in a hurry and you wanted to try variety of Andean dishes. Their buffet menu is awesome. Your lunch meal comes with a free pisco sour.

I did like how they made our fresh chica morada, the alpaca dish was very tender, but the beef heart was a little tough.

• Visited August 2013

Quito, Ecuador
“Good place on the road for a "typical food" buffet”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

At Urubamba, in the road to the Sacred Valley, we found this place, that although in another reviews is ranged very low, I decided to try by myself. First, as it is this restaurant speciality, the buffet contains mainly typical food, in an acceptable variety and amount. Some of the options are unusual, particularly for those who has not been at least some days before in Peru. Not many international dishes are included, so for that, you have to order from the menu and that is another history! It is a place were several tourist groups are taken, so if you reach at the same time might be a problem with the available space. Otherwise, you might feel worried that such a big restaurant seems to be almost empty. It is not a cheap place, the buffet cost is around 16 USD but as in any buffet, you can eat as much as you like. Please note that no credit cards are accepted, so bring your cash (either Soles or US dollars).

• Visited July 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Tourist trap, expensive, menu maybe better”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

While on my tour of the Scared Valley, my driver stop here for our lunch. During my vacation in Peru, I've enjoyed all my meals with the exception of two places and this was one of them.
It was only tourist (and tour group buses) eating here. The dining room was nice with plenty of seating and in the courtyard a small stage for a band to play.
The buffet had a salad section, main items and desserts. The main section food was not hot!! They were using burners to keep it warm. I only had one hot item and only because they were refilling it. I didn't dare eat the salads!
I did receive a pisco sour and it was good.
My driver enjoyed the buffet and went several times for food.
The table behind me came in afterwards and ordered off the menu. I wasn't aware that this was an option since told only of buffet. The food that they received smell great.
The price for both me and the driver was over $60. This was the most expensive meal while in Peru and not worth it.
The service was good and they clean the table of used dishes.
While leaving, another bus was arriving and I wanted to tell them do not eat here.
Pushy vendor at the bottom of the staircase.
If you do have to eat here (since tour buses and drivers stop here) ask for the menu to ensure something fresh and hot. I couldn't wait to get back to Cusco for a great meal!

• Visited April 2013
Lima, Peru
“Not worth it. At all.”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Today we went to the buffet lunch at Inka's House and were not impressed at all. My husband and I live in Lima and we frequently travel to Urubamba with work, and some of our coworkers gave us a buffet lunch for 2. When we arrived, the place had a few tables of guests. We didn't receive the free pisco sours that the previous reviewer mentioned. When we checked out the buffet, it was nothing special at all. Most of the hot food was cold and the selection wasn't great. They even had instant flan (from a package) and jello on the desserts. I feel bad for the tour groups that are brought to this restaurant because this is not a fine representation of Peruvian food. Peruvian food is world-class and this was far from it. (If you want a great meal in Urubamba, try El Huacatay which is a beautiful little restaurant on a side street in town. that is worth every penny!)

• Visited March 2013
Messines
“Maybe the best in Urubamba”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The last day in Urubamba we went to this restaurant and regret that we did not know it before.
The waiters are very friendly and offer a pisco as entrance. We ordered 2 cuy and when we knew that only one was available, we got a second ppisco as apologise. The fact that they had only one was for us a sign that they don't have too much in stock to guarantee to have allways fresh. In stead of the second cuy, we ordered alpaca steak.
On the patio was life andean music and there is opportunity to buy cd. Unfortunately the weather didn't allow to sit outside.
The restaurant offers local specialities but also international dishes and a huge buffet for a resonable price.
It's a question of induvidual taste, but for us it was the best we visited in Urubamba and still looking on their publicity card, they give appetize to visit Peru again.

• Visited December 2012