“Not great, not bad...just good.”
Review of Qanela Restaurante

Qanela Restaurante
Ranked #8 of 81 Restaurants in Urubamba
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nada
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not great, not bad...just good.”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We heard a lot about this restaurant so, we decided to give it a try. We arrived at 8:30pm. It was empty. A smily and friendly waitress took our order. We waited more than 30 minutes until our dishes arrived (lomo saltado, ceviche de hongos y lasagna de aji de gallina). It was delicious..but a little salty for my taste. I think this restaurant has a lot of potential but they need some help in the kitchen if they want to ask for high prices, because I consider it overpriced.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Viajeromundial007

• Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Delicious and Cozy!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is the other best restaurant we visited while in Peru. Someone in our hotel told us about it, so we thought we would try. When we entered, it felt like a living room or dining room in someone's home. Very cozy. But it was totally empty!! I usually have a rule of not eating in empty places - I figure if it's empty - it's gotta be bad! Anyway, we had no other plans so we reluctantly stayed. The waitress was clearly the owner and very warm and kind. I ordered the Quinoa Chowder and mom got the Traditional Locro with shrimps and we had a fish dish for main course. The Quinoa Chowder was unlike anything I have ever had and was made with absolutely the freshest ingredients and sooo yummy! The best soup I ever had. the locro was equally as delicious. The fish dish was good as well. The ambiance is very cozy and they sell art and items created by local artisans. This meal cost us only 90 Soles - which is really nice since a lot of places we went to were so overpriced. This was an amazing meal, felt like you were visiting a Peruvian's family home and the price was great too. We wished we could have gone there again but not enough time.

• Visited September 2013
Lima, Peru
“Delicious”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great, delicious Peruvian food. I went at lunch and they were not too busy. The waitstaff was attentive and the quality of the food was great.

• Visited September 2013
Fullerton, California
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent Perivuan food. We came here for dinner and I had the Aji de galina and it was fantastic. My husband had the butter trout and it was good, but not nearly as good as mine. The service was friendly and the atmosphere was nice and clean. Also it is very close to the Tambo del Inka and the price is about half of the bar and resturant there. Also note they purify their water so ice is safe & they stream KROQ and have free wifi, just ask for the password

• Visited August 2013
San Francisco, California
“Secret gem in sacred valley”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is an outstanding restaurant in every way! It is beautiful, the owner and staff attentive and welcoming, and of course, then there is the AMAZINGLY good food. The menu selection offers something for everyone, including vegetarian entrees. The ingredients are fresh, the dishes creative, and ample. We sat outside in the lovely garden, but the interior is beautiful and the tables set with care. The red curry chicken was truly one of the best meals I have ever eaten, anywhere.

• Visited August 2013